Robert Gordon University’s (RGU) Education Liaison Team is gearing up to attend UCAS fairs across Scotland to promote courses to young people the length and breadth of the country.
Education Liaison officers Laura McLemon and Vicki Todd will attend all 14 UCAS event in Scotland during August, September and October ranging from Orkney and Shetland in the north, Kelso and Dumfries in the south, Fort William to the west and Aberdeen in the east.
The team is responsible for visiting schools and colleges, and attending recruitment events around the UK and Ireland. A significant part of their role is to advise potential students about course options at RGU, as well as various aspects of student life.
In addition, they liaise with teachers, tutors, parents and external organisations to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit the university can benefit from one of RGU’s workshops, visit afternoons and Open Days.
Laura said: “We’re looking forward to the latest run of Scottish UCAS fairs which will give us the chance to meet young people from across the country and tell them more about RGU’s wide range of courses, industry placement opportunities and modern campus facilities. Pupils can also register for our Open Days and sign up for course information updates at our stand.
“Choosing what university you want to go to is a big decision so it’s important to get the most out of UCAS events in order to make the most informed decision possible for your future.
“To help, I recently posted my top ten tips on what to do at a UCAS fair on the RGU Student Blog which you can read online at rgustudentblog.com.”
Vicki added: “UCAS events are a great way for pupils to find out more about the universities and courses they are interested in and having the opportunity to speak to someone from the organisation who can provide more detail can make all the difference. We’re always happy to help and look forward to meeting pupils from across Scotland.
“As well as picking our brains about the university, pupils will also be able to pick up a copy of our undergraduate prospectus and other useful information, including the employment opportunities studying at RGU can lead to during and after your time at university.”
Scottish UCAS fairs 2016:
• Monday, August 29 – University of Stirling – Vicki
• Tuesday, August 30 – University of the West of Scotland, Ayr Campus – Vicki
• Wednesday, August 31 – Easterbrook Hall, Dumfries – Vicki
• Thursday, September 1 - Border Union Showground, Kelso – Vicki
• Tuesday, September 6 and Wednesday, September 7 – Edinburgh Corn Exchange – Laura
• Thursday, September 8 and Friday, September 9 - Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility, Motherwell – Laura
• Monday, September 12 - Rothes Halls, Fife – Vicki
• Tuesday, September 13 and Wednesday, September 14 - Glasgow Science Centre – Vicki
• Monday, September 19 - Moray College UHI Campus, Elgin – Vicki
• Tuesday, September 20 and Wednesday, September 21 - University of Aberdeen – Vicki and Laura
• Thursday, September 22 - Dundee & Angus College, Gardyne Campus, Dundee – Laura
• Tuesday, September 27 - Mareel, Lerwick, Shetland – Laura
• Thursday, September 29 - Kirkwall Grammar School, Orkney – Laura
• Tuesday, October 4 - Lochaber High School, Fort William - Vicki
Release by Ross Anderson
Communications Officer | Faculty of Health and Social Care
Press and Media Enquiries