Become an RGU Student Ambassador Volunteer this SeptemberTuesday, 05 June, 2012
Your University needs you...to volunteer to make a difference for new students
Volunteering Opportunities for RGU Students: Become an RGU Student Ambassador Volunteer this September
- Do you want to help our new students?
- Do you want to enhance your CV?
- Do you want to gain key transferable skills?
Did you know that …
“73% of employers would employ a candidate with volunteering experience over one without”
RGU Student Ambassador Volunteers
Volunteering as a Student Ambassador in our busy September enrolment period is an excellent opportunity for current students to enhance their CV and work experience profile by supporting new students in one of the following roles:
- Orientation Sessions for International Students – assisting at orientation “welcome” sessions for international students
- InfoZone – working at the busy InfoZone desk by answering common queries, issuing Unilink bus tickets and printing student cards
- Accommodation – working alongside the Accommodation service in helping new students find accommodation
- Library – assisting library staff in the busy first two weeks of term
- IT Helpdesk – queue-busting in the GSS Library
What Previous Ambassadors Have Said …
“All in all, it was a terrific experience and am glad I volunteered!”
“My volunteering experience has been very positive, fun and fulfilling. I had a brilliant time, met some great people and will continue to look for volunteering opportunities wherever I go next. The experience has truly been inspiring and contributed significantly to my incredible time at RGU, and I would encourage anyone interested to pursue it!” (Shu Lee, Student Ambassador of the Year 2011-12.)
What hours would I work?
Flexible part-time shifts to suit are available.
What are the rewards?
- Valuable work experience
- Enhance your CV
- Work towards a Saltire Award www.volunteeraberdeen.org.uk/mvawards.html
- Training - in a variety of areas including customer service
- Build your transferable skills base
- Make new friends
What sort of person are you looking for?
We are looking for students with:
- First class communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- A demonstrable knowledge of RGU as well as the City of Aberdeen
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Problem-solving skills
Ambassadors must also be reliable and professional in their approach to work.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can apply in hardcopy by handing your CV and covering letter in to either InfoZone, located in StudentZone (St Andrew St) and Garthdee (underneath RGU:Sport).
Closing date: 13 July 2012