Robert Gordon University’s one day Energy and Oil and Gas Conference 2018 (EOG), in collaboration with The Law School, will focus on the themes of Energy Regulation, Transition and Innovation.
It is now 30 years since the Piper Alpha disaster and subsequent regulatory regimes and practices across the world have evolved from prescription to a goal setting approach. In particular, the rapid development of new and innovative technology required the adaptation of modern regulatory approaches.
Currently, the UK’s energy and oil and gas sectors have undergone significant transitional change due to external and internal factors. Both industry and government are facing both challenges and opportunities to adapt to current conditions.
Various experts and speakers from industry, government, regulators, academia and the legal profession will gather to discuss issues at the nexus between law, regulation, transition and innovation in the energy and oil and gas sectors.
Energy Research Colloquium
As part of the EOG Conference 2018, an Energy Research Colloquium will be held on Tuesday 1 May 2018
Please note that registration does not include accommodation, which must be booked separately.
- Participant: Early Bird discount £50 before Friday 16 March, £75 thereafter
- Student: £25 for 1 day conference
- Student Special offer: attend the conference and colloquium for £30
Call for Abstracts
RGU invites you to submit an abstract for a presentation of 30 minutes during our Energy and Oil and Gas Law Conference 2018. Your presentation should have a connection between regulation, transition and innovation in the energy and oil and gas sectors. If you are interested in participating as a speaker, please complete the following form to submit your abstract.
Before submitting your abstract please ensure you have the necessary permissions to present the proposed content. Selected speakers will be free to attend the conference but will be required to cover their own travel and other expenses. The deadline for abstract submission is Friday 23 February.
- Abstract deadline – Friday 23 February
- Registration deadline - Friday 20 April
- Conference – Monday 30 April
- Registration: 08:00 - 09:00
- Session 1 - Welcome & Key Note Address: 09:00 – 10:00
- Session 2 - Overview of Current Trends & Practices: 10:30 - 12:30
- Session 3 - Innovation and Opportunities: 13:30 - 15:00
- Session 4 - Regulatory Approaches: 15:30 - 16:45
- Session 5 - Conclusion/Wrap up Session: 16:45 - 17:00
Travel and Stay
There are a number of hotels in the city centre.
RGU accommodation for Monday 30 April is available to students attending the conference/colloquium. The cost is £35 per person, for a single room. Brekafast is not included, bedding and towels provided). The address of the accommodation is Woolmanhill Self-Catering flats, 134 John Street, Aberdeen AB25 1LE (daytime contact no - 01224 262130).