Alternative Accommodation

Private & Alternative Accommodation

Alternative Accommodation

There are many options to choose from if purpose built student accommodation is not for you or you are looking for visitor accommodation.

If you want to discuss the options available and find the right choice for when you study at Robert Gordon University, you can contact our Accommodation Solutions team:

Private Rented Sector

There is a large private rented sector in Aberdeen which has become more flexible and affordable in recent years.

Whilst the majority of landlords and agents operate in accordance with legislation and good practice, you should take extra care to ensure you aren’t affected by rogue landlords, scams or illegal practices. We would strongly recommend that you read the advice from Shelter Scotland  before you sign any leases or hand over any money and  if in doubt, contact the Reslife Advisor who is a trained lease advisor.

Within the private rented sector, you have options to look for a room in shared accommodation (sometimes with a resident landlord) or rent a whole flat either by yourself or with a group of friends. The links below can help you with your search for suitable accommodation. We do not endorse any specific websites or agencies. We strongly advise that you confirm all relevant details and follow the advice contained on the Shelter Scotland website.

  • RGU Studentpad is a website for landlords to advertise their property specifically to students. RGU ask the landlord to confirm they have a landlord registration number, energy performance certificate, tenancy deposit scheme, HMO licence (if applicable) and Gas Safe certificate (if applicable) before the property is advertised on the site. There is usually a mixture of single rooms and entire properties listed.
  • RGU:Move is a Facebook group created and maintained by RGU students, for students across Aberdeen to search for and advertise properties to let, room vacancies within flats or for people looking for flatmates.

Shared Accommodation (where you just rent one room in a property):

Private Accommodation (where you rent an entire property either by yourself or with friends):

Short Term and Visitor Accommodation

If you are looking for accommodation for visitors or somewhere to stay for a short while, there is a wide range of tourist and short term accommodation available in the City.

At peak times, this may get fully booked so we would advise that you try and plan ahead as much as possible. 

Email or call +44 (0) 1224 288828


Further advice on finding alternative accommodation

Advice for students moving out of University Accommodation.

Cookie Consent