Reporting - Radiographic Appearances of Musculoskeletal Pathophysiology and Trauma 15 Credits at SCQF Level 11
In relation to patho-physiological appearances on diagnostic images of the appendicular and axial musculo-skeletal systems, this module will enable you to develop skills in appraisal and communicate patho-physiological and trauma related findings, relative to the clinical presentation of the patient; critically assess the factors involved in pattern recognition, image interpretation and the reporting of clinical findings; understand the significance of normal variant appearances.
Using a range of conventional and interactive learning methods, you will develop the knowledge base, interpretive and evaluative skills required for recognition and interpretation of patho−physiological appearances demonstrated on diagnostic images of the appendicular and axial musculo−skeletal systems.
This is a 15 credit module delivered over one semester. It can be taken in conjunction with modules HSM131, HSM133, HSM134 as a route to a PgCert and will be of value to radiographers and other professionals who require to develop a knowledge base related to patho−physiological appearances in conventional diagnostic imaging.
You will be a registered health professional working in a relevant area.
2. What you will study
- Clinical application of the principles of pattern recognition and image interpretation of diagnostic images of the appendicular and axial musculo−skeletal systems
- Principles of reporting, specific to the appendicular and axial musculo−skeletal system
- Radiological appearances of normal and pathological presentations of the appendicular and axial musculo−skeletal systems
- Role of other imaging modalities in the diagnosis of appendicular and axial musculo−skeletal conditions
- Normal variant conditions
- Assessment and significance of clinical information in the context of the patient’s diagnostic pathway
3. How to apply
Please complete the application form and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Course Costs
This module costs £640.
Back to health professions cpd