Staff Erasmus Activities
Erasmus offers great opportunities for academic and administrative staff at HEIs to teach or work elsewhere in one of the 32 other participating countries in Europe.
Why Get Involved?
- Give yourself the opportunity to teach or work elsewhere in Europe
- Generate new ideas and best practice
- Funding available for all subject areas
- Exchange expertise and experience of pedagogical methods
- Enhance the international dimension of your institution
- Open doors for yourself, your colleagues and your students
- Understand the challenges faced and benefits enjoyed by your Erasmus students
- Develop your international networks
- Share your knowledge with students who do not take part in Erasmus
Personal and Professional Development
By taking part in the Erasmus Programme, you can get to know first-hand the workings of another European educational system, discover new ideas and exchange best practice. By enabling the exchange of best practice and the acquisition of new ideas, Erasmus will give you a great sense of fulfilment, benefiting both you and your institution.
Generate New Ideas
The experience can give you a broader and more developed capacity to appraise professional practice in the UK as your time abroad may reveal new methods and approaches that challenge your traditional way of doing things. Most participants find it a highly rewarding experience, often establishing an ongoing mutually beneficial relationship with their host universities, and return again and again.
There are 4 different types of funding available to members of staff at RGU under the Erasmus Programme:
The International Exchanges Manager manages all the above funds on behalf of the University.
Staff Mobility activities are co-funded by the European Union.