Anderson Anderson Brown Access Scholarship
Anderson Anderson Brown Access Scholarship provides substantial benefits for an undergraduate student in Accounting and Finance.
Anderson Anderson & Brown is one of the leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants in Scotland. Their charitable initiative Anderson Anderson & Brown Charitable Initiative (AABi) was launched in 2016 and it is the platform which facilitates the Anderson Anderson Brown investment in local communities.
Anderson Anderson Brown Access Scholarship is open to undergraduate students in Accounting and Finance.
The scholarship provides funding support up to the value of £1000 per year, a paid internship and a dedicated mentor.
Successful applicants will be supported by the student support staff at the Department for the Enhancement of Learning, Teaching and Access (DELTA). This is a student led process to facilitate both academic and personal success.
Students who have accepted the offer of a place on Accounting and Finance undergraduate course at RGU and meet at least one of the ACCESS RGU scholarship criteria, will be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
ACCESS RGU scholarships are aimed at applicants who are traditionally under-represented in higher education.
To be eligible for consideration, you must meet AT LEAST ONE of the following criteria at the point of applying to RGU:
- Reside in a postcode area which is regarded by the Scottish Government as being within the 40% (Quintiles 1 and 2) most deprived regions of the country as categorised by Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD). Find out if you are eligible for consideration from SIMD
- Reside in a low income household (in receipt of Educational Maintenance Allowance or eligible to claim SAAS bursary i.e. household income below £34,000)
- Have spent time as a Looked After Child or looked After and Accommodated Child, be that at home, in residential, foster or kinship care
- Are currently caring, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without your support
- Have completed an ‘Access To’ programme
In addition, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Meet the scholarship specific eligibility criteria
- Enrol full time in the first year of your chosen undergraduate degree programme at RGU
- Be Scottish domiciled and classed as a ‘home fees student’
- Have not already obtained a first degree
How to Apply
Applicants for the Scholarship must have met the entry requirements of their UCAS offer from Robert Gordon University and have formally accepted the offer. Applicants must also have met at least one of the ACCESS RGU scholarship eligibility criteria.
Applicants for the Scholarship must meet the eligibility criteria and have formally accepted the offer from RGU.
Application forms for the Scholarship will be sent directly to the potential applicants after they have accepted the offer from RGU. All applicants to the Scholarship will need to enrol on their chosen course at Robert Gordon University during September 2017.
Completed forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for applications is Sunday 20 August 2017.
After the closing date the shortlisted applications will be presented to a panel of academic and professional support staff. The opinion of the donor may be taken into consideration at this stage. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the process in October, but may be contacted before this date for further information.