Provides information on alternative sources of funding - especially charities – which can make awards (fees, maintenance, research costs) to any student regardless of subject, or nationality.
Tuition fee amounts can be found on the individual course pages of the website.
From Art to Sports Science, there is something for everyone.
American Student Loans
Short Term Emergency Loans
You can apply to the University for an Emergency Loan if you suddenly find yourself in financial difficulty.
As these funds are extremely limited, the maximum loan that can be made is capped at £600.
Short-term emergency loans are available on a discretionary basis to assist students with an immediate financial crisis.
Short-term emergency loans are not grants and must be repaid nor are they a solution to long term underfunding or cash-flow problems.
You should familiarise yourself with the following terms and conditions before applying for an emergency loan:
- Emergency loans are only issued to students registered on a Full Time Course
- Emergency loans are only issued for essential maintenance costs such as food; travel to and from University, essential medical costs and essential consumables/toiletries.
- Emergency loans will not be issued to fund tuition fees, library fines or any other fines which could have been avoided.
- If you are in the final year of your course you are not eligible to apply for an emergency loan after your course end date regardless of graduation date.
- Additional information may be requested to support your application.
You can apply for a short-term emergency loan by attending a drop in session at the Student HelpPoint in Garthdee on a Monday and Thursday from 9.30am – 2.00pm, or contacting Student Finance outwith these times.
Short-term emergency loans are interest free. A repayment date will be agreed during the meeting, taking into account when future income is expected. It may be possible to set up a repayment plan.
Students who fail to repay an emergency loan may:
- experience registration delays
- be refused future loans
- be referred to the University's External Debt Collection Agency to recover the outstanding sum and this may adversely affect your credit rating. You will also be liable for any additional recovery costs.
This fund is available to international students who have had a change in circumstances since starting their course which have resulted in them having financial difficulties.
Students are advised to speak to Student Finance before making an application.
Application forms can be obtained from the Student Help Point in the Health & Social Care building.
At RGU we recognise that being a student can be expensive.
That's why we offer a range of scholarships. Winning a scholarship can be an easy way of boosting your income, leaving you free to concentrate on your studies. It’s also an excellent way to gain practical experience through the industry mentoring and placement opportunities which many of our corporate scholarships offer.