|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 262841|
Roles and responsibilities
- Module co-ordinator and lecturer in Forensic Analysis, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Toxicology and Trace Evidence.
Key research interests
Dr Tough’s key research interests include:
- Currently involved in the analysis of Diazepam and Ecstasy in batches of seized drugs from Police Scotland with a view to developing fast analytical techniques to quantify active ingredient and provide intelligence on possible common-source.
- Counterfeit product analysis including, perfumes, hides, jewellery, honey and medicines (particularly lifestyle drugs such as cialis and viagra)
Dr Tough’s current research focuses on..
- Sugar, dye, active ingredient and excipient analysis of illicit Diazepam tablets in collaboration with Abertay University
- Counterfeit analysis of Lifestyle drugs
- BSc Hons (First)) in Chemistry from The Open University 1995
- PhD from The Robert Gordon University 1997