|Position:||Course Leader Practice Learning Qualification and Lecturer|
Sheila joined RGU in March 2004 and divides her role between course leading the Practice Learning Qualification (PLQ) and lecturing.
Sheila worked with The Aberdeen and North East Deaf Society for over 16 years as Senior Social Worker and Basic Grade SW, where she worked within both a statutory and non-statutory framework providing a generic social work service to Deaf and Hearing Impaired People. Prior to this Sheila worked within a Social Work Court team.
- Social Work Values, Skills and Tasks
- Disability and Mental Health
- Practice Learning
- Personal Tutor
- Interdisciplinary Practice
- Facilitates groups within Faculty interprofessional practice
- Deaf Adults with Hearing Siblings - Communication and Attitudes. Published in Deafness, The Journal of the Sociology of Deafness Nov 1994