|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 263025|
Duties and Responsibilities
Dave Mackintosh is a Lecturer at Aberdeen Business School He is Course Leader for the Full-Time MSc in Human Resource Management course. His main area of expertise is in the field of Learning and Development.
The focus of his career prior to joining the university was on staff development within local government organisations. He has 22 years’ experience in heading up training and development functions covering everything from apprenticeship schemes to senior management development.
Dave ran his own HR Consultancy from 2000 - 2008. The list below will hopefully give an idea of his areas of expertise:
- Providing staff training in Recruitment and Selection Skills to one of the largest Local Authorities in Scotland, ongoing since 2000.
- Contracted by CIPD to be External Moderator for a number of colleges (UK wide) delivering CIPD accredited training programmes.
- Devise method of identifying training needs within the English base of a multinational organisation.
- Deliver training to senior managers within voluntary sector organisations in the areas of Training and Development and Performance Management. Deliver training to senior staff within professional office to assist with the introduction of new Performance Appraisal scheme.
- Carry out investigation within small professional office with a view to solving identified 'people' problems.
Dave's main research interests are in the areas:
- Performance Management
- Effectiveness of different methods of selection
- The Perceived Value of professional (CIPD) qualifications
External / Professional Roles
He has been closely involved in the development of the local, North of Scotland & Islands, branch of Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) for many years serving in various branch roles including those of Branch Chair, Council Representative, Vice-Chair and Treasurer. In additional to his branch role he is currently the Treasurer of CIPD Scotland and at national UK level is currently a licensed member of the CIPD's National Upgrade Panel. In 2005 he was awarded the prestigious CIPD Badge of Merit for services to the Institute.