Academic / Professional Background
Kirstin obtained a BA (Hons) in Applied Social Studies and a Diploma in Social Work from Robert Gordon University in 2000. She then gained the Practice Teaching Award in 2004.
After qualifying, Kirstin worked with Aberdeen City Council Criminal Justice Service as a fieldworker and subsequently as a team manager in the Probation team. In 2007, Kirstin became the first MAPPA co-ordinator in the Grampian area, managing the multi-agency arrangements for Registered Sex Offenders and Restricted Patients. Latterly, Kirstin worked again with Aberdeen City Council leading the Adult Protection Unit.
Since 2010, Kirstin has worked full time as a lecturer and is a tutor on the Distance Learning Social Work course. Her roles include Stage 2 tutor for the DL course. Kirstin also works one day per week as a practice teacher supervising students across the courses in a range of placement settings and is involved in Post Qualifying course development.
- BA Hons Social Work in the Criminal Justice System
- BA Hons Social Work in Society
- BA Hons Social Policy
- Risk Assessment and Management within the Criminal Justice Social Work Context
- Professional decision making in conditions of uncertainty
- Adult Support and Protection
- Criminal Justice Social Work