|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 263984|
Duties and Responsibilities
Dr Colin Bell is a lecturer in Management. He is currently involved in the delivery of postgraduate modules in the areas of Operations and Oil & Gas Management, including ‘Oil & Gas Management’ (BSM2519) and ‘Strategic Operations Management: Oil & Gas’ (BSM659).
Colin has over 30 years experience of the oil and gas industry in a variety of technical, commercial, project and management roles for both contracting companies and Shell UK.
- Oil and gas process engineering design
- Conceptual to Operational plant audit and review
- Management of Change and Integrity maintenance
- Business process development and design
- Business process performance measurement and improvement
- Lean waste reduction and quality improvement
His research interest is in the field of change management in the oil and gas industry, such as Application of Lean/ Sigma6 solutions to O&G problems .
External / Professional Roles
Colin is a Fellow of the Institute of Chemical Engineers and routinely leads company accreditation of the IChem E training accreditation scheme.