|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 263965|
Role and Responsibilities
Akinwale Awe is a Lecturer in the Department of Law with main teaching and supervisory responsibilities across the postgraduate LLM Oil and Gas Law and LLM Construction Law and Arbitration courses delivered by distance learning and on-campus teaching.
He is actively involved in the delivery of postgraduate modules which include - Arbitration Law; Dispute Resolution in Oil and Gas Contracting; Oil and Gas Law; Environmental Aspects of Oil and Gas Law; Oil and Gas Contract Law and Renewable Energy Issues. In addition, he has been involved in the delivery of a number of undergraduate courses.
He is currently module coordinator for the following postgraduate modules:
BSM083 - Oil and Gas Law
Experience and Background
Qualifications - LLB (Hons) (Ibadan), BL (Nigeria), LLM (Aberdeen)
After qualifying as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Akinwale worked with an international commercial law firm as an associate. Thereafter, he completed an LLM (Oil & Gas Law) at the University of Aberdeen. He joined the Robert Gordon University in December 2008.
- Oil and Gas Law
- Contract Law
- Oil and Gas Regulation (UKCS and West Africa)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (including the more consensual means of dispute resolution and avoidance such as Mediation and Negotiation).
Key External/Professional Roles
- Member: Associate of the Higher Education Academy (AHEA)
- Member: Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- Member: Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)