- Start date
- Course length
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic school
- Aberdeen Business School
- Accredited By
- Recognised By
Master of Business Administration MBA
Business Administration MBA
Aberdeen Business School is recognised nationally and internationally for its corporate and management education.
The Aberdeen Business School MBA programme can be studied full-time, executive part-time or online.
The MBA has been developed to ensure that it meets the highest international standards and is of direct relevance to the real world.
Our online MBA courses are ranked amongst the top 10 in the QS Online MBA rankings.
2. What you will study
You will study core modules and a choice of specialist modules. The final stage is the Consultancy Project stage which provides you with the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills, gained from the taught elements, in an applied business context.
- Strategic Operations and Project Management
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Strategic Management Environment
- People Management & Organisational Development
- Business Creativity And Innovation
- Business Economics
- Commercialisation Project
- Corporate Financial Management
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Concepts
- Leadership, Communication And Change
- Strategic Management
- Consultancy Project (Team Based)
- Consultancy Project
Modules and delivery order may change for operational purposes.
The University regularly reviews its courses. Course content and structure may change over time. See our course disclaimer for more information.
3. How you will learn
In full time mode, you will learn through a combination of lectures, seminars and workshop sessions. These comprise of a mix of group study, discussion, simulation and presentations of findings by teams and individuals. You will work as an individual and also as part of a team on case studies, team activities, presentations and discussions.
Access to our virtual learning environment, CampusMoodle, is also provided giving you access from home to learning materials (including videos, e-books and journals).
During the course of your degree you are required to attend a 10 day leadership week which takes place in the last week of May in your second year.
You will need to factor in the cost for travel, accommodation and subsistence for these 10 days.
This event brings together a number of speakers from academia and industry. During the event there will be a mix of academic and practical workshops. Each session will explore a different aspect of leadership and aims to enhance students’ skills and provide an opportunity to network.
The event will be hosted in the modern facilities at Aberdeen Business School, Garthdee.
4. Entry requirements
- hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or its equivalent
- have at least 3 years of full-time professional work experience.
Applicants with a lower degree classification and/or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
Applicants whose first language is not English should have an IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no component lower than 5.5, or an equivalent.
We accept a variety of in-country and secure English language tests, find out more:
* All entry requirements listed here should be used as a guide and represent the minimum required to be considered for entry. A small number of courses require higher levels, but this will be stated explicitly on your offer letter.
5. Placements and accreditations
For students on the full-time course have a placement opportunity with a local business organisation at the project stage. In addition to enabling students to apply their knowledge in a practical context the placement can provide an opportunity to gain:
- first hand experience of business practice and decision making in UK based companies
- valuable insights into a different set of organisational and cultural values
- a practical perspective on the challenges in the current business environment
- a better understanding of career opportunities and prospects in the UK and European marketplace.
The MBA is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) across all modes of delivery. AMBA is regarded as the international authority on the development of business leaders and the guardian of MBA quality standards. The Association plays a unique role in supporting business schools to develop business leaders and provides a network for MBAs, business schools and employers.
6. Student Funding
Robert Gordon University is delighted to offer a 20% loyalty discount on course fees for all alumni who have graduated from RGU, further information available via the Alumni page.
7. Course Fees
For Academic Year 2017/2018
- £16,500 entire course
For Academic Year 2016/2017
- £17,960 entire course
For Academic Year 2015/2016
- £17,300 entire course
For Academic Year 2014/2015
- £16,750 entire course
For Academic Year 2013/2014
- £16,250 entire course
For Academic Year 2012/2013
- £16,250 entire course
For Academic Year 2011/2012
- £15,850 entire course
Course fees are reviewed periodically and so are subject to change for new applicants. All tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in your offer letter. You will also be liable to pay a graduation fee of £40 before receiving a University award.For further information see Student Finance pages
8. How to apply
All students can apply online by visiting Apply Online.
If you have any queries, please contact our Admissions Office:
- Email PGOffice@rgu.ac.uk
- Call +44 (0) 1224 262209
If you are an International Student and would like further information and application advice:
- Heather Hannam, Head of HR, Macphie of Glenbervie Ltd, talks about the value that the full-time MBA brought to her career
- Shweta Surve, Accounts Manager, Honeywell, talks about her year on the full-time MBA Oil and Gas Management programme
View online or download a PDF