Our live stream will start at noon on Sunday 31 May. Join us for this unique interactive celebration.
Join the conversation by sharing your views, comments and reflections by using #StartupSundayLive on social media.
Our live stream will start at noon on Sunday 31 May - meet the teams who will go on to inject the economy with fresh ideas, services, projects and jobs. Watch on this page or watch directly on YouTube: Startup Sunday Live - YouTube
Speak with our startup teams and other attendees by joining the live chatroom.
Like our panel of judges, you have the ability to directly influence who wins additional funding by voting for your favourite – for free – during the live event.
Once you have heard all of the teams pitch, you can cast your vote. You can only vote once and you will have a short window to place your vote during the broadcast:
As you watch the live broadcast, you have the chance to win £100 worth of Amazon vouchers yourself! Look out for the keyword shown during the broadcast and as soon as you see it enter the competition!
Read through our virtual showcase to find out about each of our twenty-one teams, watch their teaser videos and connect with them on social media.
Please Note: If viewing the showcase on a smartphone, rotate your phone landscape to watch our team’s videos.
During the final, our teams will be pitching to win additional seed funding in prizes such as:
- Most Innovative Idea Award - awarded to the startup team who the judges deem to have demonstrated how significantly innovative and unique their idea is that would have the most significant impact on their respective industry with their product, service or idea - £5,000
- Best Pitch Award - awarded to the startup team who the judges believe delivered the best pitch video on the day, which may be based on the presentation, impact, story, delivery or otherwise - £5,000
- Most Improved Award - awarded to the startup team who has demonstrated through their pitch the most progress and development with their idea over the course of the start-up accelerator process - £5,000
- Audience Choice Award - awarded to the startup team who the audience give the most votes to, which may be based on idea, presentation, potential, impact or otherwise - £5,000
Find out more about Startup Sunday Live and the people involved.
- Ivan McKee MSP - Minister for Trade, Investment and Innovation
- Sir Ian Wood - Chancellor, RGU
- Prof. John Harper - Principal, RGU
Our Panel of Judges
- Jo Macsween - RGU alumna, former CEO of Macsween Haggis and Chair at Vistage
- Jared Owen - Director of Digital and Entrepreneurship at Opportunity North East and RGU alumnus
- Fiona Godsman - CEO of Scottish Institute for Enterprise
- Mike Wilson - Chairman of Ecosse IP and RGIT alumnus
- Duncan Reoch - Associate Partner for Private Clients for EY