Libraries Innovation Network Aberdeenshire (LINA) is a collaboration between Robert Gordon University (RGU) and Aberdeenshire Council (in particular its library service; Live Life Aberdeenshire (LLA)) that will support economic development through nurturing innovative thinking and encouraging the development, testing and implementation of business ideas.
If you have an idea that you would like to grow into a business in the North East of Scotland and are looking for space and support, then either come along to one of the LINA library spaces and get started or sign up to a taster workshop at:
The first library spaces to offer co-working and workshop programmes are:
In each of the LINA libraries you will find free co-working spaces for you to base yourself and develop your ideas. There is no need to book, just go along to the libraries during their opening hours (check the LLA website) and make use of the spaces. Resources that will be available to you are:
- Wifi connectivity
- Desk space
- Printing services
- Information services and a warm welcome from library staff
- Connect with fellow entrepreneurs
To help you test, develop and implement your ideas, the RGU LINA team will be running a number of six-week programmes in the library spaces to help founders build their entrepreneurial skills and knowledge.
LINA Accelerator Banff and Peterhead
Six session programme
This free and unique programme is designed to support your business idea or give your existing business the boost it needs to grow. Delivered over six one-day sessions, this intensive accelerator will cover the following six areas of business development:
- Session 1 - Business Toolkit and overview of programme
- Session 2 - Goals and business plans: determining the direction and future of your business
- Session 3 - Desirability: Focusing on your customers, brand, marketing, customer communications and customer relationships
- Session 4 - Feasibility: reviewing activities and resources, achieving targets, adapting business models
- Session 5 - Viability: Ensuring that income exceeds expenses; cutting costs, increasing income
- Session 6 - Planning for the Future: bringing it all together, capturing it and making it real
One-Day Business Workshops
For those interested in exploring starting a business or scaling an existing business this one-day, standalone workshop will help you develop your entrepreneurial skills, knowledge and mindset to accelerate your ideas. Our one-day business workshops give you a taste of what to expect in the LINA Accelerator. It will include interactive learning, some brief case-studies and provides you with a toolkit to take away for future use including:
- Defining your purpose, ambition and mindset.
- Creating a Value Proposition and how to use it.
- What is a Business Model Canvas and how to develop yours.
- Creating compelling stories for customers (marketing).
- Ensuring your idea is desirable, feasible and viable for success.
- Defining your income, costs and pricing.
- Using design thinking to solve problems.
If you are interested in finding out more about LINA or want to know what sessions are coming up, please feel free to check the events calendar or get in touch with the team.
- Candace Elson, Programme Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org, 07747203680
- James Buckley, Programme Coordinator – email@example.com, 07747203552