Libraries Innovation Network Aberdeenshire (LINA) is a collaboration between Robert Gordon University (RGU) and Aberdeenshire Council (in particular its library service; Live Life Aberdeenshire (LLA)) that will support economic development through nurturing innovative thinking and encouraging the development, testing and implementation of business ideas.
If you have an idea that you would like to grow into a business or an existing business in the North East of Scotland and are looking for space and support, LINA is here to help.
LINA COVID-19 update: The LINA programme is now being delivered online. Prior to the Coronavirus restrictions, LINA’s co-working spaces and workshop programmes were held in the following libraries: Peterhead, Banff, Fraserburgh and Macduff. Additional programmes were due to be run from Turriff, Rosehearty, New Pitsligo, Strichen and Cairnbulg. All free learning programmes are now available online.
LINA Online Business Toolkit Workshop
For those interested in starting a business or scaling an existing business, this online standalone workshop will help you develop your entrepreneurial skills, knowledge and mindset. It includes interactive learning, some brief case-studies and provides you with a toolkit to take away for future use including:
- Defining your purpose, ambition and mindset.
- Creating a Value Proposition and how to use it.
- What is a Business Model Canvas and how to develop yours.
- Creating compelling stories for customers (marketing).
- Ensuring your idea is desirable, feasible and viable for success.
- Defining your income, costs and pricing.
- Using design thinking to solve problems.
The workshop material can be completed in your own time from the comfort of your home. Each week, there will be an opportunity to take part in a video conference session with the LINA Programme Coordinators who will provide additional support around the programme materials.
LINA Online Accelerator
This free and unique programme is designed for those who have already taken part in the LINA Online Business Toolkit Workshop. The LINA accelerator aims to support your business idea or give your existing business the boost it needs to grow. Delivered over six one-day sessions, this intensive accelerator will cover the following six areas of business development:
- Session 1 - Business Toolkit and overview of programme
- Session 2 - Goals and business plans: determining the direction and future of your business
- Session 3 - Desirability: Focusing on your customers, brand, marketing, customer communications and customer relationships
- Session 4 - Feasibility: reviewing activities and resources, achieving targets, adapting business models
- Session 5 - Viability: Ensuring that income exceeds expenses; cutting costs, increasing income
- Session 6 - Planning for the Future: bringing it all together, capturing it and making it real
The LINA Accelerator will commence in June 2020. The programme will be delivered as an online class with other participants via Campusmoodle.
The first library spaces to offer co-working and workshop programmes are:
In each of the LINA libraries you will find free co-working spaces for you to base yourself and develop your ideas. There is no need to book, just go along to the libraries during their opening hours (check the LLA website) and make use of the spaces. Resources that will be available to you are:
- Wifi connectivity
- Desk space
- Printing services
- Information services and a warm welcome from library staff
- Connect with fellow entrepreneurs
If you are interested in finding out more about LINA or want to know what sessions are coming up, please feel free to check the events calendar or get in touch with the team.
- Candace Elson, Programme Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org, 07747203680
- James Buckley, Programme Coordinator – email@example.com, 07747203552