Fit4Energy is a specialist programme designed to help businesses plan and deliver growth by equipping them with sector specific skills and knowledge. It gives companies access to new thinking, strategic change and sector expertise to support their ability to scale, innovate and internationalise.
The programme has been developed by Robert Gordon University in close collaboration with Opportunity North East (ONE), Energy Industries Council (EIC) as well as top tier industry partners who hold invaluable sector insight to enrich the programme. It also provides a collaborative, integrated community of support to businesses.
What will you learn?
Drawing on RGU’s long-standing relationship with the energy sector and close links with industry experts, a selection of 11 courses will address the factors that contribute to successful business growth. Delivered through practical seminars and interactive workshops, this collaborative programme includes sector specific insights and case studies.
At the end of Fit4Energy, participants will:
- Deliver a growth strategy that will maximise business performance
- Understand how to improve workflow and reduce waste leading to cost and time savings for the company
- Implement effective tools and techniques to identify innovations that will benefit customers and create value
- Understand the central marketing and legal issues involved in trading internationally to significantly reduce risk and support growth overseas
- Navigate and correctly identify relevant support agencies that will help the business to realise their scale up ambition
Fit4Energy will also provide an opportunity to grow the participants’ professional network and learn from other organisations across the UK energy sector.
What are the courses?
- Strategy, Markets & Business Planning*
- Skills Development for Scale Up*
- Marketing & Sales
- Diversification and New Product Development
- Collaboration and Organisational Culture
- Process & Cost Optimisation
- Finance & Risk
- Pricing Strategies
- Exporting Strategy & International Markets
Who should attend?
Fit4Energy is aimed at any company with a growth ambition. This programme is most appropriate for small to medium sized enterprises, however, larger businesses will also find valuable information within the courses. Depending on the course, the content may be applicable to Managing Directors and other senior team members, technical staff or support staff in a range of different roles. Individual participants do not need to attend all courses as any number of participants across the entire organisation can enrol. Ultimately, the programme is open to any business looking to reignite their or their employees’ focus, drive the organisation forward or effectively plan and manage expansion.
How is the programme delivered?
Each course will include 3 workshops. These are designed to engage businesses and provide practical tools and techniques individuals can immediately deploy within their own department or organisation.
- The first workshop will embed the knowledge
- The second workshop will see the companies develop a clear action plan
- The third workshop will review the effectiveness of the changes implemented within the business and make final adaptations.
Why sign up?
There is no formal qualification for completing the programme, however, companies that successfully complete eight or more courses will have the option to undertake an evaluation process to become "Fit4Energy Approved". This industry approval "stamp" will be beneficial for companies, especially SMEs, as they can demonstrate that they are embracing continuous improvement and growth.
We are currently working with industry stakeholders to develop the Fit4Energy programme with an official launch date of January 2019.
Any company who may wish to become involved or register for this programme, can contact or register online:
In collaboration with
In association with