- Start Date
3 - 6 July 2017
- Course Length
4 days Monday-Thursday (24 hours)
10:00am - 4:00pm
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic School
- Gray's School of Art
4 Day Fashion School (Foundation | EXTRA)
Introduction to Fundamental Fashion and Textile Design.
This course is perfect for students who wish to pursue their interest in the fashion and textile industry with progression onto degree level study.
2. What you will study
The course involves learning and practicing the foundational principles of design and applying these to then create an individual, personal and innovative womenswear clothing collection. With in depth talks and practical hands on tutorials students will gain knowledge in the foundation of fashion design from concept to creation.
Over 4 days this course will cover the following areas:
- Industry information
- What is fashion design?
- Types of fashion design
- Designer profile
From Concept to Creation:
- How to research
- How to apply your research
- Speed designing
- Basic technical drawing
- Creative clothing drawing
- Working with inspiration, design conceptualization, through design development
- How to design a collection
Fashion and Textiles Portfolio Presentation:
- Fashion Illustration
- How to put together concept, colour and mood boards
3. Entry Requirements
Drawing/sketching ability is beneficial.
All students are required to be at least 16 years of age on the commencement of the course.
4. How to apply
£280 (students are required to bring their own materials)
Successful enrolment will be confirmed by email.
All students should be aware that when registering as a student at RGU they are accepting a contract of enrolment. (In order to attend short courses all students must register and accept RGU’s conditions).
A refund is only applicable where there has been illness with a medical certificate to support it.
If you have any questions about registration, contact:
5. Additional Information
Students should bring:
- 1 regular HB pencil & mechanical HB pencil
- Letraset Promarkers - 1 x ivory and 1 x cool grey no1
- Small paper scissors
- Prit-stick glue
- A4 or A3 Layout Pad
- A3 Bound Sketch Pad (preferably white paper, landscape format)
- Colour (this can be anything: pens, acrylics, pastel, pencils, water color etc)
- Camera (this is not vital and a camera phone will do just as well)
- 1 x old fashion magazine (to cut up)
A complete health and safety induction will take place on commencement of the course.
Back to short course