Volunteer Patient Programme
Volunteers contribute towards the education and training of health and social care students.
You could help to provide a realistic learning opportunity where students can gain confidence and competence in a safe environment. Apply to become a Volunteer Patient.
What does being a volunteer involve?
As a volunteer you would be:
- Helping with communication and interview skills
- Helping with non-invasive clinical procedures such as the taking of blood pressure and temperature
- Playing the part of a service user or family member.
As a volunteer you would be helping to educate undergraduate (Bachelors) and postgraduate (Masters):
- Nursing and Midwifery students
- Physiotherapy students
- Occupational Therapy students
- Radiography students
- Dietetic students
- Pharmacy students
- Social Work students
- Postgraduate students
As a volunteer we need you to be reliable as these sessions can only take place with your help - we would therefore ask that you notify us of any cancellation as soon as possible.
What are the benefits for volunteers?
As a volunteer:
- Your travel expenses will be reimbursed (to a maximum of £15)
- You will receive a £20 voucher for either Asda, Boots, Union Square or Marks and Spencer’s for each session you attend
- You will be given a free pass, for every time you attend, to use the swimming pool or attend an aqua aerobics, yoga or tai chi class at RGU's Sports Centre
- We will provide you with training sessions
- You will have the opportunity to make new friends and meet other volunteers
- You will be provided with tea and coffee
Volunteer Patient Testimonial
Click on the video below to hear what one our volunteer patients has to say about the programme.