The Technip UK scholarship is open to first year students. Technip is the leading subsea engineering and construction contractor working at the centre of the dynamic oil and gas industry.
Technip UK is part of the global Technip Group, a world leader in engineering, technologies and project management for the subsea, onshore and offshore segments of the oil & gas industry. Part of the subsea segment, Technip UK provides products, services and assets to a diverse range of oil and gas companies in the UK, Denmark, the Netherlands and Ireland. The company employs over 800 people at its headquarters in Aberdeen and at its Spoolbase in Evanton, North Scotland.
The Technip Engineering scholarship is open to full time first year students and provides funding of £2,000 per academic year through your studies.
Successful Technip UK scholars have the additional benefit of being eligible to apply for a paid industrial placement at Technip.
Additional features of the Technip Engineering Scholarship include:
- Provision of a paid industrial-focussed project
- Provision of a Company Mentor
- Opportunity to attend regular company events & information sessions
- Invitation to regular SUT events
- Eligibility to apply for Technip’s Graduate Development Programme
- Opportunity to meet and network with Technip’s engineering team
- Financial Support as detailed
- Skill & Competency Development
If you have accepted the offer of a place on one of the following full-time MEng courses at RGU you will be eligible to apply for the scholarship:
All courses eligible are at MEng level:
- Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical Engineering MEng
- Mechanical and Offshore Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical and Offshore Engineering MEng
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering MEng
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering MEng
How to Apply
Applicants for the scholarship must have met the entry requirements of the UCAS offer from Robert Gordon University, and have formally accepted the offer.
All applicants to the scholarship will need to enrol on their chosen course at Robert Gordon University during September 2014.
The selection process begins with students completing an online application form which will be reviewed by a panel consisting of representatives from the University and Techip, who will then short list a group of high academic performers. In making the decision, the selection panel will take into account the applicant’s educational background and achievements, their interest in their chosen degree subject, and other relevant information given in their personal statement.
This group will be invited to attend an interview with Technip representatives and one successful scholar will be selected. Renewal of the scholarship each year is dependent upon continued good academic performance.
Full details of the selection criteria are available within the form. Application forms and reference forms for the scholarship can be downloaded below:
- Technip Engineering Scholarship Application 2015 (doc 70KB)
- Technip Scholarship Reference Form (doc 30KB)
(Please note: You must submit an application form and a reference form in order to be considered for the scholarship)
We will accept one reference form if you are applying for more than one scholarship.
Please also note that as the application forms are similar, candidate information may be duplicated easily, however please ensure the 'About You' section is amended appropriately for each scholarship application.
(NB No part of this application form may be reproduced without the express permission of Aberdeen Business School.)
Completed forms should be submitted to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 24 August 2015. All applications must be received by that date to be considered for the scholarship.