Sparrows offshore are the world’s leading crane engineering contractor to the offshore oil and gas industries.
Sparrows Offshore has long established a renowned reputation as the leading global provider of oilfield engineering services; specialising in offshore lifting, crane engineering and services, mechanical handling, pipe and cable lay-systems, fluid power engineering, equipment rentals and competence training.
Over 1,200 employees at 20 operating locations spanning 6 continents deliver high-integrity services building on a 30-year track record.
The Sparrows Offshore Scholarship is open to second and third year students and offers two students £2,500 per year for each of the remaining years of the course, as well as paid summer placements.
Upon graduation, Sparrows also offers the option of attending a job interview and it is anticipated that successful completion of the scholarship and the award of a good degree would lead to an offer of employment.
Additional features of the Sparrows Offshore Scholarship:
- Financial Support as detailed below.
- Salary paid during placement.
- Opportunity to receive mentoring from Sparrows staff.
- Skill & Competency Development.
- Provision of an industrial-focussed project.
- Invitations for scholars to relevant events.
Applicants must be engaged in full-time study at Robert Gordon University on one of the full-time BEng/MEng degree programmes listed below:
- Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical Engineering MEng
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering MEng
- Mechanical and Offshore Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical and Offshore Engineering MEng
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering MEng
How to Apply
The selection process begins with students completing an online application form which will be considered by a panel consisting of representatives from the University and Sparrows Offshore.
In making the decision, the selection panel will take into account the applicant’s educational background and achievements, other relevant information given in their application form. Short listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview at Sparrows and the award winners will be selected from amongst this group of students.
Renewal of the award after each year is dependant on continued good academic performance, and is subject to terms and conditions as specified by Sparrows
Sparrows Scholars must attain satisfactory academic and non-academic semester and summer placement reports. Failure to do so could result in termination of the scholarship.
Application forms for the Scholarship can be downloaded below:
Completed application forms should be submitted to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 26 October 2014. All applications must be received by that date in order to be considered for the scholarship.