Petrofac is a leading international services provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry, with a diverse customer portfolio including many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil and gas companies.
Petrofac is quoted on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: PFC) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
The group designs and builds oil and gas facilities; operates, maintains and manages facilities and trains personnel; enhances production; and, where it can leverage its service capability, develops and co-invests in upstream and infrastructure projects. Petrofac’s range of services meets its customers’ needs across the full life cycle of oil and gas assets.
With more than 18,000 employees, Petrofac operates out of seven strategically located operational centres in Aberdeen, Sharjah, Woking, Chennai, Mumbai, Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur and a further 24 offices worldwide.
Petrofac is an exciting, dynamic and growing organisation, working towards a vision of being the world’s most admired oilfield services company.
For additional information visit the Petrofac website at www.petrofac.com
The Petrofac Scholarship offers £1,500 for the first year and £2,500 for each of the remaining years of the degree programme, paid in two instalments September and late January.
In addition Petrofac will provide paid summer placements to sponsored students. Annual placements will also be considered, where the course content requires that duration of placement. The placements take place either locally in Aberdeen or elsewhere.
Additional features of the Petrofac Engineering Scholarship:
- Opportunity to receive mentoring from Petrofac staff.
- Skill & Competency Development.
- Provision of an industrial-focussed project.
- Invitations for scholars to relevant events.
Applicants must be engaged in full-time study at Robert Gordon University on one of the degree programmes listed below:
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering MEng
- Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical Engineering BEng MEng
- Mechanical and Offshore Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical and Offshore Engineering MEng
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering MEng
How To Apply
The selection process begins with students completing an online application form.
Short listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview at Petrofac and the award winners will be selected from amongst this group of students.
Renewal of the sponsorship award will be dependant on continued to meet the required criteria.
Applications for the scholarship can be downloaded below:
- 2nd Year Engineering Scholarship Form 2015 (doc 137KB)
- 3rd Year Engineering Scholarship Form 2015 (doc 137KB)
Completed forms should be submitted to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 26 October 2015. All applications and reference forms must be received by that date in order to be considered for the scholarships.