|Telephone:||(+44) (0)1224 262853|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lecturer in Biomedical Science at the School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences
- Student placement coordinator within NHS and SNBTS
Key research interests
Anna's key research interests include:
- Biomedical Science Education
- Blood Transfusion and Human Tissue Banking
Her current research focuses on red cell ageing and senescence markers
Anna has varied teaching commitments within the Biomedical Science programme. She lectures in Personal and Professional Skills in Biomedical Science, Haematology and Transfusion Science. Anna has a strong interest in Blood Transfusion and Haematology, both theoretically and through clinical practice. She maintains her practical skills through her clinical attachment within Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service.
- BSc (1st ,Hons) in Applied Biomedical Science, Robert Gordon University, 2010
- MSc in Blood Transfusion, Transplantation and Tissue Banking, the University of Edinburgh, 2015
In 2010 Anna graduated from the same course she is now lecturing. She is a registered Biomedical Scientist with the Health and Care Professions Council, and a specialist in Transfusion Science. Anna has gained her practical expertise when working as a Biomedical Scientist at the Aberdeen Blood Transfusion Centre, before joining Robert Gordon University in 2015.
- Member of Institute of Biomedical Science
- HCPC registered Biomedical Scientists