Professor John Watson
Dean of Faculty of Design and Technology
John, originally from Fife, studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh. He subsequently moved to London to undertake PhD studies as a GEC sponsored student and, on graduation, joined the company to work on High Voltage transmission systems. He remained with GEC in Kent for a further 2 years before joining RGIT as a Lecturer in 1982. Prior to taking up his current post he had been Head of the School of Engineering at RGU for 2 years. He is an active Fellow of the IET.
John is married with three sons and, when time permits, enjoys running, hillwalking and fly-fishing.
- Head of School of Computing: Ian Allison
- Head of School of Engineering: Professor John A Steel
- Head of Gray's School of Art: Professor Paul Harris
- Head of Scott Sutherland School: David McClean
- Academic Council
- Framework Agreement Project Board