Health and Safety Committee
The primary purpose of the Health and Safety Committee is to fulfil a statutory function under the Safety Representatives and Safety Committees Regulations 1977, and it is attended by Trade Union appointed Safety Representatives and representatives of University management.
The Health and Safety Committee is included in the consultative process for all policy items relating to health and safety under consideration by the Executive Group.
The Health and Safety Committee may escalate matters that it considers are not receiving the appropriate consideration as follows:
- To the Director or Head of School / Department with particular responsibility.
- To the Head of Occupational Health and Environmental Safety.
- To the University designated Director with responsibility for health and safety.
- To Executive, via the Principal.
- Failing all of the above, to the Staff Governance Committee.