“We were very impressed by the high standards and level of ability shown by the Robert Gordon University students. The legal profession in Aberdeen is thriving and it’s great to know there’s such a great wealth of graduate talent ready to make its mark on the legal sector.”
Bruce Smith Chairman of Paull and Williamsons
Board of Governors
The Board of Governors is responsible for the overall strategic direction and governance of the University.
The Board's many powers, functions, duties and responsibilities are set out in the University's Statutory Instrument, the Statement of Primary Responsibilities and the Governors' Handbook.
- Statutory Instrument: Robert Gordon University (Scotland) Order of Council 2006 (PDF 55KB) which includes the remit and composition of the Board of Governors.
- Statement of Primary Responsibilities for Governors (PDF 55KB) and also the Code of Conduct for Board of Governors (PDF 91KB).
- Board of Governors' Handbook: January 2017 (PDF 1.90MB)
- Skills Matrix (PDF 100KB)
- HE Governance (Scotland) Act (PDF 280KB)
- Governor Development Programme and Governance Support 2017-18 (PDF 980KB)
Details about the University's two principal committees (Board of Governors and Academic Council) can be found on our Committee pages.
Board of Governors' profiles and photographs.
Board of Governors Minutes and Meetings
The Board is constituted in accordance with the University's formal committee structure.
Chair: Mr Mike Fleming
Secretary: Ms Hilary J Douglas
Powers, Functions, Composition and Duties of the Board
Information on the remit, composition, statement of primary responsibilities and code of conduct of the Board of Governors is available on the Governance webpage
Profiles of the Board of Governors
- Board Agenda: 6 July 2017 (PDF 140KB)
- Board Agenda: 23 March 2017 (PDF 320KB)
- Board Agenda: 15 December 2016 (PDF 177KB)
- Board Agenda: 6 October 2016 (PDF 311KB)
- Board Minute: 23 March 2017 (PDF 278KB)
- Board Minute: 15 December 2016 (PDF 270KB)
- Board Minute: 6 October 2016 (PDF 270KB)
- Thursday 14 December 2017 at 11.00 am in H230, Health and Social Care Building
- Thursday 22 March 2018 at 1.00 pm in H230, Health and Social Care Building
- Thursday 28 June 2018 at 1.00 pm in H230, Health and Social Care Building
Board of Governors Recruitment - External Committee Member Nomination Form
The Nominations Committee is keen to receive nominations and build up a pool of potential external Committee members and Board applicants for the future. It is important to note that anyone nominated in this capacity, who then wishes to apply for future Board membership, would need to submit a separate application for this purpose in their own right.