RGU SPORT Information
Welcome to RGU SPORT.
Please find our essential information below.
We will do our best to inform customers of any class cancellations / operational changes in the announcements section on our homepage or on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/RGUSPORT
RGU SPORT is committed to:
Providing opportunities for individuals in our community to improve their quality of life and level of performance through physical activity and sport. Accordingly 4 goals have been established to meet our aim
- Create a healthy university culture where physical activity and sport is encouraged and supported;
- Develop an environment where RGU is a university of choice for elite sports performers;
- Use physical activity and sport to reach out to the Aberdeen City and Shire Communities;
- Ensure that programmes and activities are effective and sustainable.
Monday - Friday 6am - 10pm
Saturday and Sunday 9am -7pm
Peak: Valid all opening hours
Off Peak: Valid anytime except 4-10pm Monday - Friday.
Location and Parking
Located by the River Dee, RGU SPORT is situated right at the heart of RGU's Garthdee campus. RGU has invested over £11 million in a state-of-the-art sports facility, which sees a dramatic improvement in sporting infrastructure available for the region and also acts as a social hub for the Garthdee campus.
The facility features a 25m swimming pool, three gyms, climbing wall and bouldering room, cafe bar, three exercise studios and a vast sports hall.
The Robert Gordon University operates a permit-only parking policy. Visitors to RGU SPORT can park free of charge, provided they display a valid Visitor Permit. These are available at RGU SPORT reception at the time of signing in.
The Parking restrictions only apply between 8am-4pm Monday to Friday.
- Any vehicle not displaying a valid RGU parking permit will be liable to a £40 fine.
- Parking on yellow lines or any other non designated spaces is strictly prohibited and will be liable to a £40 fine.
Please note that when RGU SPORT main car park is full, visitors may park across the remainder of the campus and MUST still display a valid parking permit.
Further transport information, and the RGU Car Parking and Other Vehicle Parking Policy, can be found at: