The Climbing Zone offers Climbing Courses, Taster or Refresh Sessions, Kids Club, Familly Sessions and Inductions
- Running for half an hour, the climbing instructor will assess your ability to use the climbing wall in a competent manner.
- An assessment is mandatory before gaining access to the climbing facilities.
- Assessed climbers are eligible to sign in two non-assessed buddy’s ages 5 yrs and above.
- Mondays from 1 September – 30 March RGU Shelterstone climbing club have sole access to the climbing wall from 1900-2200.
- The bouldering room will still be available for public access.
If you do not see what you are looking for below, why not get in touch and we will see if we can accommodate your request.
Please contact Stephen Harcus on:
T: 01224 263760
or contact the reception for general enquirys:
T: 01224 263666
- Climbing Zones - £4.60
- Bouldering room only - £3.60
Concession / Child
- Climbing Zones - £3.60
- Bouldering room only - £2.60
Non-Members and Walk-in Climbing Admissions
- Climbing Zones - £6.60
- Bouldering room only - £5.60
Concession / Child
- Climbing Zones - £5.60
- Bouldering room only - £4.60
*Concessionary membership for those 60 years and over or in receipt of benefits, details in T&Cs. Child - 5-15 yrs.
- Hire equipment is available
- Assessment + climb - £7
For a monthly payment of £40 you can get unlimited usage of climbing zone at any time with no additional cost, subject to restrictions above. You will also benefit from Pay As You Go rates to all other facilities.
Get 2: Climbing
Child 11 - 15 yrs
- Learn to climb (4 x 1h) - £53 Member / £58 Non member
- Taster (60min) - £10 Member / £13 Non member
Child 5 - 10 yrs
- Learn to climb (4 x 1h) - £48 Member / £53 Non member
- Taster (60min) - £10 Member / £13 Non member#
Kit Hire - £2.60
Kids Climbing Club
Completed a Learn to Climb, or been to Kids Camps at RGU: SPORT? Why not continue climbing with our Kids Climbing Clubs.
Running throughout school term time the club is open to those who have completed a Learn To Climb course. Meet new friends, improve your climbing or just have fun. This club is a great way for children to keep climbing without having to rely on parents and guardians to be there.
- Two age groups, 5-10yrs and 11-15yrs
- Monday & Thursday 11-15yrs
- Wednesday 5-10yrs
- 11-15yrs Climbing Club Prices £5.50-Member £6.50-Non-Member
- 5-10yrs Climbing Club Prices £5-Member £6-Non-Member
- Kids Club Kit Hire £2.60
Child members can book spaces over the phone and pay upon arrival to the club. Phone bookings will be taken from 1500 onwards on day of Climbing Club.
In the event where a space has been booked and the child does not turn up the charge will remain against the members account until it has been cleared. Phone booking will only be available to members who have no outstanding amounts on their account.
Want to try something different for a party idea? Why not try a climbing party at RGU:SPORT.
Climbing parties are available:
- Saturdays (Subject to Instructor Availability)
- Sundays (Subject to Instructor Availability)
Parties last for one hour and may include some time in the bouldering room (subject to time and availability.)
Parties are available for ages 5 upwards and for groups of 8 (maximum 16).
All equipment will be provided and is included in the cost of the party.
- Parties are sold on a first come first served basis
- Bookable from the 10th of the month prior to the month in which the party will be run (i.e. Party dates for June go on sale May 10th.)
- Can be booked at reception or over the phone.
- Food can be ordered through Cafe Neo at extra cost.
Parties cost £100 with a group size of 8 (12.50 per person thereafter). Group size 9-16 subject to availability.
After the climbing why not visit Cafe Neo for some delicious food. Set menus for under 8s and over 8s are available. Food is organised directly through Cafe Neo.
Food not purchased at Cafe Neo may not be consumed during the party. Birthday cakes and party bags are permitted.
Please contact Allan Campbell Tel: 01224 263296 E-mail: email@example.com
If parents wish to take photographs of children on the climbing wall during a party, permission must be given by the manager of RGU:SPORT, including permission from the parents of every child attending the party. Any other customers using the surrounding wall at the time of the party must also be consulted.
All courses must be booked 48 hours in advance. RGU: SPORT reserves the right to cancel a course within 48 hours if the minimum number of two people is not met.
Learn To Climb
Courses introducing rock climbing on an indoor wall are available for both adults and children. Adult courses last three weeks, with a two-hour session each week. Children's courses last four weeks, with a one-hour session per week.
All of the basics are covered, from tying in and belaying to climbing technique and bouldering. The participants will work towards being assessed on the last week so they can return and climb unsupervised (adults only). Children gain an RGU: SPORT registration card which is used to attend the kids' clubs. Equipment hire is included in the price of the course.
Family Learn To Climb
Family climbing lessons are three 1.5 hour sessions and are designed to provide parents with the required skills to pass the RGU: SPORT assessment. While parents learn knots, belay technique and safe climbing tips and techniques children will be enjoying climbing. Course is limited to 2 adults and 2 children.
For one hour you can sample what indoor climbing has to offer and gain an insight into what is involved in the Learn to Climb course.
Our professional instructors can help you in any area you feel you need help to ensure safe usage of the climbing facilities. You then progress onto the assessment required for use of the climbing wall. Sessions last one hour. Equipment hire is not included in the price of this session.
External and internal lead sessions are available for corporate or private group bookings. Preferential rates are available for youth and school groups. For further information please contact us.
If you do not see what you are looking for, why not get in touch and we will see if we can accommodate your request.
Please contact Stephen Harcus on:
T: 01224 263760
or contact the reception
T: 01224 263666 for general enquirys
Climbing Course Fees
- Learn to climb (3 x 2h) - £64 Member / £75 Non member
- Taster (60min) - £12.50 Member / £15.50 Non member
- Refresher (60min) - £13 Member / £16 Non member
- Learn to climb (3 x 2h) - £57.50 Member / £69 Non member
- Taster (60min) - £11 Member / £14 Non member
- Refresher (60min) - £12 Member / £15 Non member
(3 x 1.5h) - £163 Member / £189 Non member
RGU: SPORT reserves the right to cancel a course within 48 hours if the minimum number of two people have not enrolled