City Centre location
About 5 minute walk to Belmont Street, 10 minute walk to Union Street and 20 minutes by bus to campus. A co-op and a Sainsbury’s Local are within a 5 minute walk.
Number of Residents
735 residents, solely for RGU.
600 standard rooms and 135 ensuite rooms.
Eleven five-storey blocks around a main carpark, with nine or ten flats in each block. There is no lift. One main site entrance, including access to car park, from John Street. Flats accommodate between 5 and 8 residents. There are four x 5-bed flats, 56 x 6-bed flats (10 of which are ensuite) and 47 x 8-bed flats (9 of which are ensuite).
Communal kitchen and lounge in each flat. Standard flats have two toilets and two shower rooms with toilet and sink (8 bed flats have an extra shower room). Ensuite flats have no communal toilets or bathrooms. Smart TV (with TV licence) for residents’ use in lounge.
Onsite car park for residents only, accessed by parking barrier. Parking permits required and cost £240 for the whole academic year (which can be paid in two instalments in September and January) plus a £5 deposit for the parking barrier. If space is available, parking for visitors or short term stays may be available at a cost of £2 per night plus £5 deposit for the barrier card – a temporary permit must be purchased from the site office.
Limited number of bike storage pods are available on a first come first served basis costing £10 for the full lease period, payable at the site office.
Bus routes 1 and 2 from nearby Union Street direct to campus, 20 minutes. Occasional buses direct from/to Woolmanhill or Schoolhill at peak times. The campus is about 55 minutes walk and the city centre is nearby. Plan your route on Google Maps between Woolmanhill Flats and the campus, or between Woolmanhill Flats and the city centre.
Did you know?
- RGU has recently installed new Smart TVs in the lounge of each flat and has provided a TV licence so you can watch TV with flatmates, connect your console or use services such as Netflix if you have a subscription.
- For early risers, there are three buses to campus direct from Woolmanhill each morning between 8am and 8.30am.
- This is a large site exclusively for RGU students so there are plenty of opportunities to get to know other students and the Reslife team hold several activities here.
- There is an on-site office where you can report any maintenance issues, collect parcels or ask general questions about the area, and the site is staffed 24 hours a day for additional security and to provide assistance where needed.
- Great if you’re on a budget as Woolmanhill standard rooms are the cheapest in our portfolio yet still offer a comfortable and convenient place to stay.
Plan your route on Google Maps between Woolmanhill Flats and the campus, or between Woolmanhill Flats and the city centre.
Please note that a rent advance of £250 is required to be paid at the time of accepting the accommodation. This is included within the total price.
Woolmanhill Accommodation Prices 2017-18
|TYPE OF ACCOMMODATION||LEASE LENGTH||WEEKLY COST PER PERSON||TOTAL PRICE|
|Single standard room||40 weeks||£103||£4120|
|Single ensuite room||40 weeks||£125||£5000|
134 John Street
Woolmanhill Site Office
RGU: ResLife Emergency Out-of-Hours
All other times
+44 (0) 1224 263091
+44 (0) 7773 385158 and +44 (0) 7769 726187