City Centre location.
About 10 minute walk to Union Street and Belmont Street. University campus is just over an hour to walk or by bus takes about 35 minutes including 10 minute walk from the accommodation to the bus stop. A Sainsbury’s Local is just round the corner.
Number of Residents
Spring Gardens is resident to 520 students in total, across multiple years of study at Robert Gordon University, University of Aberdeen and North East Scotland College. RGU have 96 rooms and your flat will only be shared with other students on an RGU lease.
RGU have 90 standard rooms and 6 ensuite rooms.
Twelve 3 or 4-storey blocks with no lifts along Spring Garden. RGU flats are in two 4-storey blocks of either 6-bed standard room flats or 7-bed flats with 6 standard rooms and 1 en-suite in each flat.
Communal kitchen and lounge. Shared bathroom facilities - two toilets and two shower rooms with toilet and sink.
Onsite car park for residents only, accessed by parking barrier. Parking permits required and cost £10 per week, paid in advance of each semester, which you should arrange directly with Unite Students. There are bike storage facilities available for no extra charge, although availability is limited..
Bus routes 1 and 2 from nearby Union Street go direct to campus. The bus stop is about a 10 minute walk and the journey takes 20-25 minutes. Walking to campus takes just over an hour. The city centre is about 10 minute walk. Plan your route on Google Maps between Spring Gardens and the campus, or between Spring Gardens and the city centre.
Did you know?
- Spring Gardens is popular for its location – just ten minutes walking distance from all the social and employment options in and around Union Street.
- As Spring Gardens is a larger site, with around 520 students from a mixture of both universities and the college, this is a good place to meet people and socialise.
- Unite-Students and the Reslife team work together to arrange social activities and events for all students.
- Beds are larger than the normal single bed size, at 4ft wide instead of 3ft.
- With only six ensuite rooms here, this may not be the best site if your priority is for ensuite accommodation.
Plan your route on Google Maps between Spring Gardens and the campus, or between Spring Gardens and the city centre.
Please note that a rent advance of £250 is required to be paid at the time of accepting the accommodation. This is included within the total price.
Spring Garden Accommodation Prices 2016-17
|TYPE OF ACCOMMODATION||LEASE LENGTH||WEEKLY COST PER PERSON||TOTAL PRICE|
|Single standard room||40 weeks||£121||£4840|
|Single ensuite room||40 weeks||£152||£6080|
70/72 Spring Garden
Spring Gardens Site Office
RGU: ResLife Emergency Out-of-Hours
All other times
+44 (0) 1224 658254
+44 (0) 7816 179146