City Centre location.
About 10 minute walk to Union Street and 35 minutes by bus to campus (or about an hour’s walk). Morrisons supermarket is just a few minutes’ walk away.
Number of Residents
The site accommodates 360 students in total from a mixture of RGU, University of Aberdeen and North East Scotland College. RGU has exclusive use of 3 blocks on the site for a total of 245 students.
245 rooms all ensuite in flats for 5 persons.
The main site entry is from Mealmarket Street and the site consists of a larger building made up of blocks, around a car park. RGU flats are contained in three blocks which are either 5 or 7 storeys high and all have a lift.
Communal kitchen and lounge. All rooms are en-suite with a shower, sink and toilet.
Onsite car park for residents only, accessed by parking barrier. Parking permits required and cost £10 per week, paid in advance of each semester, which you should arrange directly with Unite Students. There are bike storage facilities consisting of an external bike cage available for no extra charge, although availability is limited.
Bus routes 1 and 2 from nearby King Street (bus stop about 1 minute walk) direct to campus, 35 minutes via the city centre. To walk to campus is about an hour and the city centre is 5-10 minute walk. Plan your route on Google Maps between Mealmarket and the campus, or between Mealmarket and the city centre.
Did you know?
- Mealmarket Exchange is in a fantastic location for students wanting access to the city centre for part time work or social activities. Union Square, Union Street and the beach are all within 15 minutes walk.
- With up to 360 students on site from a mixture of both universities and the college, this is a good place to meet people and socialise.
- Unite-Students and the Reslife team work together to arrange social activities and events for all students.
- If your priority is for a modern ensuite room, our largest collection of ensuite accommodation is located here.
- Beds are larger than the normal single bed size, at 4ft wide instead of 3ft.
Plan your route on Google Maps between Mealmarket and the campus, or between Mealmarket and the city centre.
Please note that a rent advance of £250 is required to be paid at the time of accepting the accommodation. This is included within the total price.
Mealmarket Exchange Accommodation Prices 2016-17
|TYPE OF ACCOMMODATION||LEASE LENGTH||WEEKLY COST PER PERSON||TOTAL PRICE|
|Single ensuite room||40 weeks||£152||£6080|
Mealmarket Site Office
RGU: ResLife Emergency Out-of-Hours
All other times
+44 (0) 1224 648545
+44 (0) 7816 179145