Getting Prepared 2014/15
Before you arrive in Aberdeen and move in to student accommodation at Robert Gordon University there are a few things you need to consider:
Bedding & Other Items
Bedding is not provided in your accommodation.
- Lists the facilities, equipment, cutlery and crockery provided in each location.
At the Woolmanhill Flats we hold a stock of basic bedding packs that can be purchased in an emergency at a cost of £15.00. The pack consists of one pillow, one single duvet, one pillow case, one single duvet cover and a single fitted sheet. There are also shops close to all of our accommodation sites where bedding can be purchased.
If you are staying in our accommodation, core contents cover has already been arranged. However, you may wish to insure additional items that are not already covered.
These include bicycles, mobile phones (outside of your room) or any accidental damage to furnishings and fittings within the flat caused during your tenancy.
Please check your policy to see what is already covered, you can access this via RoomOnline once you have accepted your offer of accommodation.
Top up insurance can be arranged with Endsleigh's Student Halls Insurance.
Car Parking & Secure Bike Storage
Car parking is available at most sites and you will find the relevant details to apply for a parking permit online when you receive your offer of accommodation.
Secure bike storage facilities are available at the following sites only:
- Woolmanhill Flats - individual bicycle pods available at a cost of £10 (to cover your lease period) which is payable on arrival. Please note that there are a limited number of pods
- Garthdee Flats (Square & Round Towers) - a secure bike cage is located near the Square Tower and residents can obtain keys for a £10 deposit. Free open bike racks are also available
- Rosemount Halls, Linksfield Halls, St. Peters Halls and Crathie Student Village - free open bike racks situated in each courtyard
- Ardmuir properties - free secure sheds located in the car park
- Ramsay Development - residents can use a bicycle shed during your lease period for a £10 fee (arrangements can be made prior to or on arrival)
Internet is provided in all our flats, and this is already included in the rent.
Woolmanhill, Crathie Student Village and Garthdee Towers have wireless provision within the flats, and wired connections within the study bedrooms. Students must provide their own basic Ethernet/CAT5 cables for the wired connection. The Internet Service Provider for these sites is KeyCom.
Rosemount, St. Peters & Linksfield Halls all have wired connections in each bedroom, and wireless provision throughout the flat, for up to 3 devices. Students must provide their own basic Ethernet/CAT5 cables for the wired connection. The Internet Service Provider for these sites is ASK4. Speed and device upgrades are available, and more information can be found on the ASK4 website.
Ardmuir Trinity Court and Ardmuir King Street have wireless connections. The Internet Service Provider for these sites is BT Infinity.
Craigievar Development, Ramsay Development and other University properties all have wireless connections.
Keycom Customer Support
Ask4 Customer Support
Find out more about our IT services. news of forthcoming changes and on-campus wifi:
Coin operated washing machines and tumble dryers are available at Woolmanhill, Rosemount, Garthdee, Crathie, Linksfield and St. Peters sites. Laundry facilities are free at Ramsay Development, Craigievar Development, Ardmuir properties, and other University properties.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or require further information. We are looking forward to meeting you!