Getting Prepared 2012/13
Before you arrive in Aberdeen and move in to student accommodation at Robert Gordon University there are a few things you need to consider:
Bedding & Kitchen Essentials
You will need to provide your own bedding (duvet/duvet cover, sheets and pillows), towels, cutlery, crockery and cooking equipment.
You may wish to purchase these items and have them delivered prior to your arrival.
Click 2 Campus and Gailarde provide a variety of bedding & kitchen packs for you.
If you are staying in our accommodation, core contents cover has already been arranged. However, you may wish to insure additional items that are not already covered.
These include bicycles, mobile phones (outside of your room) or any accidental damage to furnishings and fittings within the flat caused during your tenancy.
Please check your policy to see what is already covered, you can access this via RoomOnline once you have accepted your offer of accommodation.
Top up insurance can be arranged with Endsleigh's Student Halls Insurance.
Car Parking & Secure Bike Storage
Car parking is available at most sites and you will find the relevant details to apply for a parking permit online when you receive your offer of accommodation.
Secure bike storage facilities are available at the following sites only:
- Woolmanhill Flats - individual bicycle pods available at a cost of £10 (to cover your lease period) which is payable on arrival. Please note that there are a limited number of pods
- Garthdee Flats (Square & Round Towers) - a secure bike cage is located near the Square Tower and residents can obtain keys for a £10 deposit. Free open bike racks are also available
- Rosemount Halls, Linksfield Halls, St. Peters Halls and Crathie Student Village - free open bike racks situated in each courtyard
- Ardmuir properties - free secure sheds located in the car park
- Ramsay Development - residents can use a bicycle shed during your lease period for a £10 fee (arrangements can be made prior to or on arrival)
Internet is provided in all our flats, and this is already included in the rent.
Woolmanhill, Crathie Student Village and Garthdee Flats have wireless provision within the flats, and ethernet points within the study bedrooms. Students must provide their own basic Ethernet/CAT5 cables for the ethernet connection. The Internet Service Provider for these sites is KeyCom.
Rosemount, St. Peters & Linksfield Halls all have Ethernet connections in each bedroom. Students must provide their own basic Ethernet/CAT5 cables for the ethernet connection. The Internet Service Provider for these sites is ASK4. More information can be found on the ASK4 website.
Ardmuir Trinity Court and Ardmuir King Street have wireless connections. The Internet Service Provider for these sites is KeyCom.
Craigievar Development, Ramsay Development and Unihomes all have wireless connections.
Customer Support from Keycom (8am-10pm daily):
Coin operated washing machines and tumble dryers are available at Woolmanhill, Rosemount, Garthdee, Crathie, Linksfield and St. Peters sites. Laundry facilities are free at Ramsay Development, Craigievar Development and Ardmuir properties. All of our Unihomes are equipped with free laundry facilities.
Find out about useful services close to your accommodation:
- Bus routes
- Community Centres
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or require further information. We are looking forward to meeting you!