About our accommodation
We are committed to providing safe, secure and affordable accommodation for our students. We have accommodation at ten sites across the city offering a range of prices, rooms, flats and locations. All of our accommodation is self-catered.
For more information about each of the accommodation sites, and to compare what each site has to offer, download our Accommodation Overview Guide 2016 (PDF 64KB)
Why choose RGU Student Accommodation?
- No deposit or guarantor to arrange
- Rents are inclusive of bills* - making it easier to manage your finances
- A variety of options from standard to ensuite rooms, smaller flats to larger flats and locations close to the city centre or close to campus.
- 40 weeks leases available at most sites meaning you don’t have to pay for a whole year if you are going home for the summer
- 50 week leases at some sites if you need to be in Aberdeen for longer.
- Access to site staff and Residence Assistants 24 hours a day 7 days a week for advice, assistance and support*
- Access to Reslife social activities and events throughout the whole year
- Convenient locations with easy access to public transport links between the campus and the city centre
* Craigievar Development is a small block of 8 self-contained apartments and operates slightly differently to the rest of our accommodation sites. Utility bills are not included and because of the small size of the development, there is no Residence Assistant on the site.
There are other benefits you might not have considered such as:
- Locked yourself out or left your keys at a pals? Private renters would need to call an emergency locksmith, wait around and then pay for a new lock and key. RGU students can call the RA or site staff and get back in their flat in no time and at no charge (apart from a slightly grumpy RA!)
- Really unhappy with your room or flat? Private renters have entered a legally binding lease and are stuck where they are for the full duration of the lease. RGU students can request a transfer to a different room or accommodation site for a small fee and the team do their best to help out.
Your rent includes:
- Internet access
- Hot water, heating* and electricity (except at Craigievar development). Availability of heating varies by site and is not always available at all times.
- Communal kitchen and lounge facilities with oven, hob, microwave, toaster and kettle
- Your own private furnished bedroom
- Core contents insurance (with the option to purchase additional cover if required)
- Fortnightly cleaning of communal areas to cover basic housekeeping such as hoovering, mopping floors etc.
More information about each of our accommodation sites:
Apply for accommodation near the City Centre or Garthdee campus.