27, November, 2014 Developing mobile technology to monitor Psoriasis
Health researchers at RGU are to develop mobile technology which will monitor the severity of Psoriasis.
21, November, 2014 Success for health researchers at international colloquium in Singapore
Researchers from RGU's Institute of Health and Wellbeing Research recently attended event in Singapore.
07, October, 2014 RGU to host ENTER Conference for nursing research
RGU will host a prestigious two-day national conference for nursing research in November.
Environmental & Occupational Health
A theme within the Institute of Health and Wellbeing Research.
Our research employs cutting edge techniques to address health problems that are presented both within the environment and the workplace. Our interests focus on clinical and basic science research into environmental health and physical wellbeing. Our interests include:
- Development of novel semi-synthetic flavonoids against MRSA
- Triclosan as an antibacterial agent
- Development of novel antibacterial wound dressings
- Tracking the diet of the Scottish population in relation to the Scottish Dietary Targets
- Use of gait analysis to understand chronic back pain
- Assessment of tendon properties and adaptation in patients and athletes
- Self-management of chronic conditions
- Exercise and physical activity in Physiotherapy,
- Movement analysis to aid diagnosis & outcome measurement in Physiotherapy
- Medical evacuation procedures from oil rigs
Professor Cherry Wainwright