18, September, 2014 Cutting edge midwifery film to be screened at RGU
A new film which examines how modern midwifery could be interfering with critical biological processes will be screened at Robert Gordon University this weekend.
11, July, 2014 Health researchers secure Qatar project funding
Work has begun to identify the causes of medication errors at a national healthcare provider in the Middle East.
24, June, 2014 RGU hosting International Bioscience conference
The university is hosting an international research conference which has attracted delegates from around the world.
Environmental & Occupational Health
A theme within the Institute of Health and Wellbeing Research.
Our research employs cutting edge techniques to address health problems that are presented both within the environment and the workplace. Our interests focus on clinical and basic science research into environmental health and physical wellbeing. Our interests include:
- Development of novel semi-synthetic flavonoids against MRSA
- Triclosan as an antibacterial agent
- Development of novel antibacterial wound dressings
- Tracking the diet of the Scottish population in relation to the Scottish Dietary Targets
- Use of gait analysis to understand chronic back pain
- Assessment of tendon properties and adaptation in patients and athletes
- Self-management of chronic conditions
- Exercise and physical activity in Physiotherapy,
- Movement analysis to aid diagnosis & outcome measurement in Physiotherapy
- Medical evacuation procedures from oil rigs
Professor Cherry Wainwright