19, January, 2015 RGU announces Professor and Reader awards
RGU has announced its annual Professorship and Reader awards.
12, January, 2015 Research underway to assess high intensity exercise regimes
Volunteers sought from across the north-east to participate in exercise research project.
04, December, 2014 Physiotherapy expert to highlight the business benefit of lower back and neck pain prevention
The prevention of lower back and neck pain in the workplace and the associated benefits to a business will be the focus of an event at RGU next week.
Environmental & Occupational Health
A theme within the Institute of Health and Wellbeing Research.
Our research employs cutting edge techniques to address health problems that are presented both within the environment and the workplace. Our interests focus on clinical and basic science research into environmental health and physical wellbeing. Our interests include:
- Development of novel semi-synthetic flavonoids against MRSA
- Triclosan as an antibacterial agent
- Development of novel antibacterial wound dressings
- Tracking the diet of the Scottish population in relation to the Scottish Dietary Targets
- Use of gait analysis to understand chronic back pain
- Assessment of tendon properties and adaptation in patients and athletes
- Self-management of chronic conditions
- Exercise and physical activity in Physiotherapy,
- Movement analysis to aid diagnosis & outcome measurement in Physiotherapy
- Medical evacuation procedures from oil rigs
Professor Cherry Wainwright