20, May, 2015 New volunteers sought for low back pain research
Health researchers are looking for new volunteers from across the north-east to take part in research to help older people with chronic low back pain manage their condition.
12, May, 2015 Team Aberdeen celebrates local ambassadors
Team Aberdeen recently recognised individuals from the academic and corporate communities on their efforts to bring conferences and events into the local area.
21, April, 2015 Boost for young north-east entrepreneurs as city universities open high-tech digital hubs
Young entrepreneurs in the north-east are set for a boost as Aberdeen’s universities gear up to launch two new digital innovation incubators.
Environmental & Occupational Health
A theme within the Institute of Health and Wellbeing Research.
Our research employs cutting edge techniques to address health problems that are presented both within the environment and the workplace. Our interests focus on clinical and basic science research into environmental health and physical wellbeing. Our interests include:
- Development of novel semi-synthetic flavonoids against MRSA
- Triclosan as an antibacterial agent
- Development of novel antibacterial wound dressings
- Tracking the diet of the Scottish population in relation to the Scottish Dietary Targets
- Use of gait analysis to understand chronic back pain
- Assessment of tendon properties and adaptation in patients and athletes
- Self-management of chronic conditions
- Exercise and physical activity in Physiotherapy,
- Movement analysis to aid diagnosis & outcome measurement in Physiotherapy
- Medical evacuation procedures from oil rigs
Professor Cherry Wainwright