11, November, 2013 RGU announces Professor, Reader and Fellow awards
Robert Gordon University (RGU) has announced its annual Professorship, Reader and Fellowship awards.
24, October, 2013 Medical specialists appointed visiting professors at RGU
Mr James Ferguson and Dr Graham Furnace will work on ground-breaking medical research projects.
21, October, 2013 RGU at the CORE of Australian health care research
Obesity experts at RGU join forces with researchers in Australia to tackle key health care challenges.
Environmental & Occupational Health
A theme within the Institute of Health and Wellbeing Research.
Our research employs cutting edge techniques to address health problems that are presented both within the environment and the workplace. Our interests focus on clinical and basic science research into environmental health and physical wellbeing. Our interests include:
- Development of novel semi-synthetic flavonoids against MRSA
- Triclosan as an antibacterial agent
- Development of novel antibacterial wound dressings
- Tracking the diet of the Scottish population in relation to the Scottish Dietary Targets
- Use of gait analysis to understand chronic back pain
- Assessment of tendon properties and adaptation in patients and athletes
- Self-management of chronic conditions
- Exercise and physical activity in Physiotherapy,
- Movement analysis to aid diagnosis & outcome measurement in Physiotherapy
- Medical evacuation procedures from oil rigs
Professor Cherry Wainwright