15, April, 2013 RGU to host Scottish Mental Health Nursing Research Conference
Robert Gordon University (RGU) will welcome health care experts and delegates from across the country for the Scottish Mental Health Nursing Research Conference next month.
13, March, 2013 Offshore workers 3D body scanning project launched
Groundbreaking research to measure offshore workers’ body size with 3D scanners to inform the future design of safety equipment, survival clothing and space requirements on offshore installations has been launched in Aberdeen.
Funding of pilot projects in the fields of Haematology and Oncology.
Environmental & Occupational Health
A theme within the Institute of Health and Welfare Research.
Our research employs cutting edge techniques to address health problems that are presented both within the environment and the workplace. Our interests focus on clinical and basic science research into environmental health and physical wellbeing. Our interests include:
- Development of novel semi-synthetic flavonoids against MRSA
- Triclosan as an antibacterial agent
- Development of novel antibacterial wound dressings
- Tracking the diet of the Scottish population in relation to the Scottish Dietary Targets
- Use of gait analysis to understand chronic back pain
- Assessment of tendon properties and adaptation in patients and athletes
- Self-management of chronic conditions
- Exercise and physical activity in Physiotherapy,
- Movement analysis to aid diagnosis & outcome measurement in Physiotherapy
- Medical evacuation procedures from oil rigs
Professor Cherry Wainwright