Design & Technology Graduate School
The Design & Technology Graduate school offers a number of research degrees, supports a vibrant research student community and provides a conductive environment to carry out high quality research.
The Design & Technology Graduate School offers research degrees in the disciplines of engineering, computing, architecture & built environment and art & design. These include PhD, MPhil, MSc (research) and MRes degrees with full-time and part-time study options. The graduate school also offers EngD (Doctorate of Engineering) through an intensive programme undertaken within an industrial partnership.
All research students follow the PGCert Research Methods training course to acquire and sharpen the research skills necessary to carry out high quality research work.
The Design & Technology Graduate School provides:
- Highly experienced supervisory teams to guide and direct research studies
- Research Degree Co-ordinators to look after student needs
- State-of-the-art facilities to support research projects
- Support for presenting research findings at international conferences
- Subject specific training and multi-disciplinary seminar programmes to broaden skills and knowledge
- A research environment and a vibrant student community that promotes networking, support and cross disciplinary fertilisation of ideas
- Social activities and events to strengthen the student community
Graduate School Leader: Dr Nirmalie Wiratunga