From Flow Assurance in Oil and Gas to Water Management in Fuel Cells.
The Flow Modelling Group is driven by solving real world problems applying various modelling techniques. The group has been engaged in research activities in two key areas: Oil & Gas and Hydrogen Fuel Cells. The Flow Modelling Group has expertise in modelling flows at the molecular level using molecular dynamics technique to the continuum level using analytical, mechanistic and computational fluid dynamics techniques. The group is also equipped with multiphase flow loop, wind tunnel, PIV system for experimental measurements.
- Multi-phase flows
- Porous media flows
- Multiphase flows through pipelines and reservoirs
- Heat transfer in reservoir core
- Waste Oil Treatment (KTP Project)
- Sand Transport in undulated flowlines
- Erosion prediction at pipe bend under slug flow
- Flow induced vibration under slug and dispersed bubbles flow regime
- Sand transport in wells
- Multiphase flows through reservoir fractures
- Polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell performance evaluation
- Water dynamics in PEM fuel cell
- Produced water treatment in Mare’s Tail
R. Tebowei, M. Hossain, S. Z. Islam, M. G. Droubi, G. Oluyemi. Investigation of sand transport in an undulated pipe using computational fluid dynamics, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering xxx (2017) 1–16, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2017.11.003.
R Tebowei, M Hossain, G Oluyemi, S Islam, Modelling effects of particle size and pipe gradient on sand transport in multiphase pipes, Transactions on Engineering Sciences, 89 (2015) 323-334.
Li, J., Paul, M. C., Younger, P. L., Watson, I., Hossain, M. Welch, S. Prediction of high-temperature raid combustion behaviour of woody biomass particles, Fuel, 165 (2016),), 205-214.
Dr. Hossain’s interests include advanced combustion modelling, CFD modelling of multi-phase flows in oil and gas, turbulence-device interaction in tidal stream and fuel cell.
Dr. Nadimul H Faisal is a Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering.
Dr Sheikh Islam is a lecturer in the School of Engineering
Dr. Draco Iyi is a lecturer and researcher at the RGU School of Engineering.
Four phase (oil, water, gas, sand) flow modeling with focus on sand transportation
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Modelling of Sand Transport in Multiphase Flow in Pipeline Bends.
- Professor Weeratunge Malalasekera, Loughborough University
- Dr Tariq Mahmud, University of Leeds