This project aims to create a legacy of physical activity, health, wellbeing and citizenship within Aberdeen.
Specific legacy elements include:
- Primary school children will become motivated to participate in sport and exercise following participation in the placement sessions and final event
- Primary school pupils will increase their awareness of the Commonwealth, the Commonwealth Games, enhancing their global citizenship
- Strengthened links between sports clubs, schools and the university
- International relationships between RGU and Aberdeen schools with partners across the Commonwealth
- The up-skilling of ASES students in athletics, squash and badminton will increase the number of sports coaches in the city
- Sustainable and continued funding to have annual and improved Aberdeen Youth Games for the benefit of future generations of Aberdeen young people