|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 262528|
Roles and responsibilities
- Lecturer in Pharmaceutical Science at the School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences
- Pharmacy Stage 1 Year Leader
- Module Coordinator
- Recruitment Officer
Key research interests
Dr Storey’s research interests are the synthesis of small organic molecules with biological function, in particular, antimicrobial agents, tranglutaminase inhibitors, and diagnostics for Alzheimer’s Disease. She is also interested in the development of teaching and learning support strategies.
Dr Storey is Module Coordinator for Physicochemical Principles of Pharmacy, and Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry. She also lectures in the Introduction to Medicinal Chemistry and Biomolecular Pharmacy modules and supervises fourth year research project students.
- BSc (Hons) in Chemistry, Deakin University
- PhD, The Australian National University
- Post Doc, University College London
- Post Doc, University of Aberdeen
- Lecturer, University of Aberdeen
Dr Storey joined the School in 2009 from the University of Aberdeen where she was a lecturer in organic chemistry. She was educated in Australia at Deakin University gaining a BSc (Hons.) (First Class), and then went on to complete her Ph.D at the Australian National University working with Prof. Lew Mander (FRS) in the area of natural product synthesis. She has held research positions at University College London (Prof. William B. Motherwell FRS), and the University of Aberdeen where she went on to become a Teaching Fellow and then College Lecturer.
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Ligands for aggregated tau molecules. Kemp, S. J., Storey, L. J., Storey, J. M. D., Rickard, J., Harrington, C. R., Wischik, C. M. US provisional Patent Application No. 61/099376 [filed 23.09.08].
- Some studies on nucleophilic trifluoromethylation using the shelf-stable trifluoromethylacetophenone-N,N-dimethyltrimethylsilylamine adduct. Motherwell, W. B., Storey, L. J. Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, 2005, 126, 491.
- The trifluoromethylacetophenone-N,N-dimethyltrimethylsilylamine adduct - A new shelf stable reagent for nucleophilic trifluoromethylation. Motherwell, W. B., Storey, L. J., Synlett, 2002, 646.
- Gibberellins in seedlings and flowering trees of Prunus avium . Blake, P. S., Browning, G., Benjamin, L. J., Mander, L. N., Phytochemistry, 2000, 53, 519.
- Expansion of ring B in the gibberellins: Entry to the Rabdosia family of kaurenoids. Benjamin, L. J., Mander, L. N. and Adamson, G., Heterocycles, 1999, 50, 365.
- Conversion of a gibberellin aldehyde into a 20-norkaurenoid lactone. Benjamin L. J., Mander L. N. and Willis, A. C., Tetrahedron Lett., 1996, 21, 8937.
- Homolytic substitution at selenium: Ring closure of g-(benzylseleno) alkyl radicals. Benjamin, L. J., Schiesser, C. H. and Sutej, K., Tetrahedron, 1993, 49, 2557.