Robert Gordon University English Language Proficiency Test
What is the RGU English Language Proficiency Test?
The Robert Gordon University English Language Proficiency Test can be taken in the student’s home country under secure conditions or on campus at RGU in Aberdeen at scheduled times.
This test assesses the English language level of candidates in the four skills of listening, speaking, writing and reading. This is not an IELTS test, but is written and scored in order to provide the University with an equivalency score; both overall and in each of the four components.
Who is this test for?
This test is for students who:
- Hold a conditional offer from Robert Gordon University, based on meeting English language requirements of the course they hope to study
- Do not have an up to date Secure English Language Test (SELT)
- Have an expired SELT
- Are unable to take the SELT due to time constraints
When and where do these tests take place?
RGU will run this test at different cities throughout the year. The current schedule is:
- Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 July – Beijing and Shanghai
- Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 July – Beijing and Shanghai
- Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 July – Beijing and Shanghai
- Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 August – Beijing and Shanghai
- Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 August – Beijing and Shanghai
- Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August – Beijing and Shanghai
- Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 August – Beijing and Shanghai
We can offer the test in other cities and different dates. For further information on this, please contact Jessica Wang, RGU East Asia Office Manager
- Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 August - Venue to be confirmed
- Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 August - Venue to be confirmed
- Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August - Venue to be confirmed
How to register for this test
Before you register for this test:
- Check the schedule of dates and venues above and select the appropriate one for you
- Note that you will need to pay a test fee online, which is £30. This is a non-refundable fee, so please make sure that you are eligible to take the test.
- Have your student number with you. (Found on your conditional offer letter)
What can you expect after registering for the test?
Once you have registered for the test and paid the test fee online, you will receive:
- An email confirmation of your test date and venue
- A Student Guide, to help you prepare for the test and know what to expect
- What to bring with you on the day of your test - via email