18, August, 2014 Making a splash: bringing the world clean water
Enterprising RGU student is working hard to bring the world clean drinking water and access to sanitation.
Robert Gordon University attracts a small number of students from Bangladesh each year. The main area of interest for students from Bangladesh is our postgraduate courses in Business and Engineering. Increasingly students from Bangladesh are showing interest in our wide range of courses which relate to the Oil and Gas industry, and also our course which relates to public administration (MPA).
Bangladeshi students will find that Aberdeen already has a small, well established Bangladeshi community and various social events are held throughout the year.
The following information is intended as a guideline for students considering applying to Robert Gordon University with international qualifications.
Please note, these are not our entry requirements for admission to RGU. The content of this page is designed to allow you to map your qualifications from your home country against a suggested UK equivalent to help you decide if you wish to submit an application.
These pages are intended for information only and Robert Gordon University does not declare these equivalences to be universal, comprehensive or 100% accurate. Please remember, this information is intended simply as a guideline.
- Students applying from Bangladesh for an undergraduate course with qualifications from any international high school (i.e. A levels or International Baccalaureate) are expected to have results comparable to students from UK institutions. Visit the course page for Entry Requirements
- Students applying from Bangladesh who do not have an international high school qualification, will be required to undertake a pathway programme at our International College (ICRGU).
- Students applying from Bangladesh for a postgraduate course, a
4 year Bachelors degree from a well ranked university if achieved at a 60% or
CGPA 3.0/4 or better will be considered for courses which require a 2.2 degree.
For courses which ask for a 2.1, 65% or better will be required.
- Alternatively, a 2 year Masters, following from a 3/4 year degree with 55% or CGPA 2.8 or above is also considered comparable to a 2.2
- Students applying from Bangladesh who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme at our International College (ICRGU).
Representatives in Bangladesh
At the moment, we currently work with two education agents in Bangladesh.
Global Reach (Dhaka)
54 Kernal Attaturk Avenue, (4th Floor)
T: (+880-2) 9885846
Go Study BD
Awal Centre (21st Floor)
34 Kamal Ataturk Avenue, Banani
Dhaka 1213, Bangladesh.
T: (+880-2) 9898217, 8827137, 882731
If you are from outwith the UK and are enquiring about a course at Robert Gordon University, contact us: