Networking 15 credits at SCQF 11
This module will enable you to evaluate recent technologies for information dissemination. It will develop your ability to create a practical strategy for information dissemination, and develop your skill in the practical implementation of these technologies.
On completion of this module, you will be able to:
1. Critically assess a variety of information dissemination technologies.
2. Critically evaluate the contribution of a range of information dissemination technologies to provide enhanced visibility and performance for an information service.
3. Apply the principles of information dissemination to the creation of a plan for raising the profile of an information service.
4. Apply recent technologies in the dissemination of information for an information service.
2. What you will study
- Web 1 and Web 2.0
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication)
- Knowledge Management techniques
3. How you will learn
You will learn through a mix of online lectures, interactive work and self-guided study. Attendance at the University is therefore not required.
4. Entry Requirements
The course is ideal for students who possess an undergraduate honours degree in any discipline or who have relevant work experience.
All international students, for whom English is not their first language, will need either IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL.
5. Placements and Accreditations
This module is part of the MSc Information Management course, which is accredited by CILIP.
6. How to apply
For general enquiries please call 01224 262209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the course, complete the Professional Development @RGU Application Form
All learning outcomes will be assessed by an exercise requiring the design and implementation of an information dissemination strategy.
8. Fees and payment options
The fee for this course is £950.
Find out more about how to pay for your course.
Back to professional development