Information Technology 15 SCQF credits at level 9
Information Technology [BS3121]
This module will provide learners with knowledge and understanding of information technology, its analysis, design and implementation for the successful delivery of effective business systems. It will provide practical skills in using the key Information Technology (IT) applications critical to a business and management environment.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to
- Describe and critically evaluate the key functions of IT hardware and software and their application to business.
- Develop and apply skills in the use of current applications software to support business objectives.
- Appraise the contribution which telecommunications and associated technologies make to businesses and organisations and the challenges these present to managers.
- Evaluate the challenges of managing information systems, technologies, resources and strategies.
2. What you will study
- Computer Systems Hardware
- Computer Systems Software
- Business Applications and Issues
- Applications Software and IT skills
- Telecommunications and Networks
- The Internet
- Using the Internet for Business
- Managing Change
- Security and Ethics
- Ensuring Systems Quality
3. How you will learn
You will learn through a mix of online study materials, interactive work and guided activities. Attendance at the University is therefore not required.
4. Entry Requirements
You should have work experience in for example an administrative role.
All international students, for whom English is not their first language, will need either IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL.
5. How to apply
For general enquiries please call 01224 262209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the course, complete the Professional Development @RGU Application Form
On completion of the module you could progress to other modules within the Professional Development @ RGU programme or, providing you meet the entry requirements and credit transfer regulations, you would be able to use the credits gained from this module towards the Graduate Certificate Management Studies or Graduate Certificate Information Studies.
An integrative assignment addressing a new systems proposal, with supporting appendices.
8. Fees and payment options
The fee for this course is £950.
Find out more about how to pay for your course.
Back to professional development