24, October, 2014 STV bids for local TV licences in Aberdeen, Ayr and Dundee
STV has submitted an application to deliver local TV in Aberdeen in partnership with RGU.
23, October, 2014 Conference award for RGU research student
Jayachandra Chilukamari, now in the third year of his PhD at RGU, won the Best Paper award at an international conference in Berlin.
Student Administration is responsible for the provision of efficient administrative processes that support both students and staff in relation to student records and information as well as student financial advice and guidance. The Head of the Department is Julie Guest and she is supported by Colin Mair, Deputy Head and Student Finance Manager and Gillian Reid, Student Records and Information Manager.
There are the following sections within Student Administration:
Student Finance is led by Colin Mair, and is responsible for:
- Student financial guidance
- Fee enquiries
- Financial Support e.g. Hardship Fund, International Fund and Emergency Loans
- Charging of student fees
- Collection of student fees
- Debt Management
The Student Finance Team can help deal with prospective students' financial queries at open days and they also provide support for student payments and fee queries during enrolment.
Led by Gillian Reid, includes responsibility for maintenance of student records from enrolment to graduation.
- Online enrolment
- Co-ordination of supported enrolment
- Communication with returning students re enrolment and graduation
- Data quality
- Student HESA Return and Overseas Aggregate Return
- Provision of data to support the HESA DLHE Return and NSS
- Provision of training and development support for the assessment process
- Graduation - student invites and certificates
- Administrative developments
- Third Party requests for Student Award Verifications
This team is lead by Duncan Young, and is responsible for:
- Student statistics for Internal and External purposes e.g. Course Appraisal, Course Portfolio Analysis, QEAC and league tables
- Reporting to support Freedom of Information Requests
- SFC Early and Final Stats Returns
Enquiries can be taken between the hours of 9:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Student Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 262 664
Student Records: email@example.com or 01224 262 205
Student Statistics: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrolment Enquiries: email@example.com