SCQF level 9; SCQF points 15; ECTS points 7.5
- Start Date
- Course Length
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic School
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
Principles of Occupational Health SCQF level 9; SCQF points 15; ECTS points 7.5
Principles of Occupational Health (NU3940)
This module is suitable for registered nurses, management professionals and other individuals who have an interest in Occupational Health practice.
This module will enable the student to demonstrate a broad knowledge and understanding of the theories, principles and concepts relevant to occupational health.
2. What you will study
On completion of this module, students are expected to be able to:
- Discuss the principles, theories and history of Occupational Health and public health.
- Analyse the role of the contemporary Occupational Health practitioner.
- Examine policy and legislation as a source of evidence in relation to Occupational Health.
- Apply the principles of health needs assessment.
- Explore the professional and ethical dimensions of Occupational Health practice
3. How you will learn
The module is delivered online (including online chat, virtual classroom and discussion forums). Students will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
4. Entry Requirements
Normally, applicants are expected to be able to demonstrate degree level study; however, if this is not the case, interested individuals are encouraged to make contact and discuss their circumstances.
5. How to apply
Back to occupational health