SCQF level 9; SCQF points 15; ECTS points 7.5
- Start Date
- Course Length
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic School
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
Mental Wellbeing in the Workplace SCQF level 9; SCQF points 15; ECTS points 7.5
Mental Wellbeing in the Workplace (NU3944)
This module is suitable for registered nurses, management professionals and other individuals who have an interest in Occupational Health Management.
This module will the student to promote the provision of informed and supportive strategies for mental wellbeing at work.
2. What you will study
On completion of this module, students are expected to be able to:
- Appraise key concepts of mental wellbeing in the workplace.
- Discuss the impact of legislation, policy and strategies relevant to mental wellbeing.
- Evaluate the role of the Occupational Health practitioner in supporting mental wellbeing in the workplace.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of selected mental health conditions and their impact on work ability.
- Examine interventions to maximise individual's contributions in the workplace.
3. How you will learn
The module is delivered online (including online chat, virtual classroom and discussion forums). Students will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
4. Entry Requirements
Normally, applicants are expected to be able to demonstrate degree level study; however, if this is not the case, interested individuals are encouraged to make contact and discuss their circumstances.
Back to occupational health