SCQF level 10; SCQF points 15; ECTS points 7.5
- Start Date
- Course Length
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic School
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
Leadership in Health SCQF level 10; SCQF points 15; ECTS points 7.5
Leadership in Health (NU4810)
This module is suitable for registered nurses, management professionals and other individuals who have an interest in Occupational Health Management.
This module will enable the student to explore, analyse and appraise leadership theory and practice within the context of healthcare.
2. What you will study
On completion of this module, students are expected to be able to:
- Critically examine leadership theories within the context of healthcare.
- Review the policy drivers shaping contemporary leadership in healthcare.
- Discuss the leadership skills required to successfully lead multi-agency and multi-professional teams.
- Explore the factors that can impact on dynamics and functioning of the multi-agency / multi-professional team.
- Critically reflect on the range of skills required to lead healthcare.
3. How you will learn
The module is delivered online (including online chat, virtual classroom and discussion forums). Students will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
4. Entry Requirements
Normally, applicants are expected to be able to demonstrate degree level study; however, if this is not the case, interested individuals are encouraged to make contact and discuss their circumstances.
5. How to apply
Back to occupational health