SCQF level 9; SCQF points 15; ECTS points 7.5
- Start Date
- Course Length
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic School
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
Health Surveillance SCQF level 9; SCQF points 15; ECTS points 7.5
Health Surveillance (NU3942)
This module is suitable for registered nurses, management professionals and other individuals who have an interest in Occupational Health practice.
This module will enable the student to develop a knowledge and understanding of the key principles of health surveillance.
2. What you will study
On completion of this module, students are expected to be able to:
- Explore the key components of health surveillance.
- Discuss the general principles of legislation and policy applied to health surveillance.
- Examine the relationship of occupational hygiene and disease in relation to health surveillance.
- Critically analyse the impact of health surveillance within the workplace.
- Review the principles of health promotion in relation to health and safety.
3. How you will learn
The module is delivered online (including online chat, virtual classroom and discussion forums). Students will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
4. Entry Requirements
Normally, applicants are expected to be able to demonstrate degree level study; however, if this is not the case, interested individuals are encouraged to make contact and discuss their circumstances.
5. How to apply
Back to occupational health