SCQF level 9; SCQF points 15; ECTS points 7.5
- Start Date
- Course Length
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic School
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
Absence Management SCQF level 9; SCQF points 15; ECTS points 7.5
Absence Management (NU3945)
This module will promote the provision of informed and supportive strategies for effective absence management in the workplace.
2. What you will study
On completion of this module, students are expected to be able to:
- Appraise key concepts in relation to the management of workplace absence.
- Evaluate the role of the Occupational Health practitioner in absence management.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of employment legislation, policies and models of human resource management theory relevant to absence management.
- Critically analyse strategies to support employer/employee in absence management.
- Appraise interventions to support the assessment of individuals with one or more long term conditions.
3. How you will learn
The module is delivered online (including online chat, virtual classroom and discussion forums). Students will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
4. Entry Requirements
Normally, applicants are expected to be able to demonstrate degree level study; however, if this is not the case, interested individuals are encouraged to make contact and discuss their circumstances.
5. How to apply
Back to occupational health